News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

UT 275 and Natural Bridges National Monument

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 03, 2018, 12:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

UT 275 was next up on my 2016 Fall Mountain Trip Blog series.  I thought it was interesting to see on topo maps that the old road to the National Monument was essentially just a dirt trail off of UT 95 between UT 261 and UT 276:

https://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/12/2016-fall-mountain-trip-part-17-natural.html

kwellada

That just make me very anxious to revisit the Monument again next year.  I did the loop last spring after visiting Canyonlands earlier that day, so I didn't get a thorough visit like I'd prefer.  This time around I want to do the trail that goes underneath the bridges as opposed to just stopping at overlooks. 

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kwellada on December 04, 2018, 12:19:58 PM
That just make me very anxious to revisit the Monument again next year.  I did the loop last spring after visiting Canyonlands earlier that day, so I didn't get a thorough visit like I'd prefer.  This time around I want to do the trail that goes underneath the bridges as opposed to just stopping at overlooks.

I'm likely heading back next September/October.  I'm looking a solid week/week and a half out in the Colorado Plateau region again.  This time I plan on spending at least a day hiking at the following National Park units:

-  Bryce Canyon
-  Capitol Reef
-  Canyonlands
-  Arches
-  Petrified Forest

I'm planning on stopping in at as many places as I can along my major waypoints.  To that end Natural Bridges National Monument and the Moki Dugway are definitely on the list.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.