AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Western Louisiana  (Read 50315 times)

mgk920

• Last Login: Today at 05:07:01 AM
Re: Western Louisiana
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2018, 11:50:33 PM »

I was wondering, after watching a Big Rig Steve video a few days ago, does LADOTD have any near-term plans to rebuild I-20 through Shreveport?

*YOWSAH!!!*   :-o

Mike

cjk374

• The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

• Last Login: Today at 07:52:36 AM
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »

I was wondering, after watching a Big Rig Steve video a few days ago, does LADOTD have any near-term plans to rebuild I-20 through Shreveport?

*YOWSAH!!!*   :-o

Mike

My money is on the "no" vote. I haven't heard of anything near- or long-term concerning I-20. The only thing that comes close to "near-term" involves the I-49 ICC, I-49/I-220 (in progress), and the possible twinning of the Jimmie Davis bridge over the Red River.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

UptownRoadGeek

• Last Login: February 17, 2018, 12:01:05 PM
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »

Question: Has Clearview been abandoned or not? I've seen signs going up in New Orleans that are FHWA recently, but then I've seen Clearview going up elsewhere.

MNHighwayMan

• Former and Current Resident of Alanland

• Last Login: Today at 10:41:23 AM
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »

Question: Has Clearview been abandoned or not? I've seen signs going up in New Orleans that are FHWA recently, but then I've seen Clearview going up elsewhere.

The interim approval from the FHWA has been revoked, so unless those signs were approved and laid out before then, there shouldn't be any new Clearview signs being put up.
Just imagine something snarky here.

cjk374

• The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

• Last Login: Today at 07:52:36 AM
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »

The interim approval from the FHWA has been revoked, so unless those signs were approved and laid out before then, there shouldn't be any new Clearview signs being put up.

A new sign at the Grambling exit on I-20 (a panel sign from the 90s destroyed by an 18-wheeler replaced by an extruded sheet sign) is in FHWA font. New signage from a repave project between the Ada/Taylor exit & exit 47 were also done FHWA style.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

jasonh300

• Last Login: February 24, 2018, 06:14:34 PM
    • 504 Road Trips
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2018, 11:20:18 AM »

Louisiana must've gotten on the ball and made up a bunch of new Clearview signs, but never got around to putting them up.  Literally 30 days before the FHWA revocation of Clearview, new Clearview signs went up all around the New Orleans area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.