News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Signs in one state about exits, or state highways for another state; BGS

Started by ethanhopkin14, July 16, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

wanderer2575

The Indiana Toll Road has a passable attempt at a M-217 shield at the Elkhart East interchange (exit 96).
(Previously posted as a Daily Picture Challenge entry.)

KCRoadFan

Quote from: wanderer2575 on June 22, 2021, 12:53:52 PM
The Indiana Toll Road has a passable attempt at a M-217 shield at the Elkhart East interchange (exit 96).

Looks like they took from North Carolina. Is there an NC 217 somewhere within that state?

ran4sh

There is.

Indiana got the diamond shape right, but Michigan stretches its diamond shield for 3 digit routes (NC does not).
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

KCRoadFan

Quote from: ran4sh on June 24, 2021, 01:36:46 PM
There is.

Indiana got the diamond shape right, but Michigan stretches its diamond shield for 3 digit routes (NC does not).

I guess I hadn't thought about that; all I noticed was the missing "M".

renegade

Quote from: KCRoadFan on June 25, 2021, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: ran4sh on June 24, 2021, 01:36:46 PM
There is.

I guess I hadn't thought about that; all I noticed was the missing "M".
BGS in Michigan don't usually have the "M."
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

machias

roadman65

I was noticing that in NJ, on I-80 W Bound there are already signs for PA 611 (Exit 310) in NJ.

Sheryl Crowe

EdFramingham

NY shield on Merritt Parkway/CT-15 in Greenwich, CT

IL/RI-style MA shield on NY-22 in Canaan, NY

roadman65

Sheryl Crowe

US71

Along I-44 in Oklahoma neat the Texas State Line

Caverna, MO

West Senaca, OK
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 89

These signs are in Georgia. Both exits are in Tennessee, but only exit 2's sign came from that state. The exit 1 sign and the gantry are GDOT spec.

Almost certainly these are no longer standing, as the 75/24 junction was substantially reconfigured over the past year.

andrepoiy

This one in Ottawa I find rather strange.

I would think Ontario would either sign it as "Aut 5 Via Nicholas Street", but they put Aut-5 with Gatineau, as if it is a control city.

The shield itself doesn't look bad actually, although Quebec would use a squished version of the shield when it's on a BGS I believe.

snowc

Quote from: KCRoadFan on June 23, 2021, 06:40:51 PM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on June 22, 2021, 12:53:52 PM

Looks like they took from North Carolina. Is there an NC 217 somewhere within that state?
Yes. It's in my home town.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: andrepoiy on August 18, 2021, 10:15:53 PM
The shield itself doesn't look bad actually, although Quebec would use a squished version of the shield when it's on a BGS I believe.

It actually varies by number of digits. The only 1-digit autoroute (A-5, as shown here) isn't supposed to get squished shields.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

andrepoiy

Quote from: LilianaUwU on August 22, 2021, 06:13:49 PM
Quote from: andrepoiy on August 18, 2021, 10:15:53 PM

It actually varies by number of digits. The only 1-digit autoroute (A-5, as shown here) isn't supposed to get squished shields.

Ah, that's interesting. Thanks for the info

ethanhopkin14

I know the BGS on the right of the gantry is 100% Georgia, but the one on the right is Tennessee's.  Both are in Georgia about exists in Tennessee. 

ran4sh

Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: ran4sh on August 31, 2021, 03:46:06 PM
That example was posted just 5 replies before...

Wasn't good enough.  Needed to be done again.

hbelkins

The sign for the Kanorado exit on I-70 eastbound, located in Colorado, is a Kansas installation. Dead giveaway is the use of extruded panel signage. Kansas uses extruded panel, while Colorado uses increment panel.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.