News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Anyone on Bridgehunter?

Started by US71, January 05, 2011, 09:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Anyone here a regular viewer &/or contributor to Bridgehunter.com ? I was wondering if anyone had an opinion regarding the recent, er, unpleasantness? :banghead:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Hot Rod Hootenanny

You mean one can do more than look at and submit photos there?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

US71

Quote from: Adam Smith on January 05, 2011, 09:37:46 PM
You mean one can do more than look at and submit photos there?

There is a Forum where you can comment on specific bridges or the site as a whole.  Sadly, it's turning into a big mud fest  :pan:

Scott5114

Care to summarize? I haven't really been keeping up on what happens in the road/bridge community outside of this site for months on end now.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 06, 2011, 04:39:43 AM
Care to summarize? I haven't really been keeping up on what happens in the road/bridge community outside of this site for months on end now.

There is a 17 y/o kid who keeps posting modern bridges. It started out with people trying to correct him, but he keeps doing it (not unlike a certain v**tologist). The comments seem to be turning into a major snark fest with people criticizing anything they don't like.
Someone posted on a bridge that had no coordinates "where is this" and the response was "go find it on your own".

Very frustrating. :banghead:

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

mobilene

I'm on bridgehunter; I love the site. I hate the crapfest that's going on, but my response to it is not to join in.  If more people did that, the problem would die down.
jim grey | Indianapolis, Indiana

kharvey10

I post stuff too but I'm staying low profile right now.  Outside from a couple minor updates and posting links of 2 youtube videos on the forums, I won't be doing any major posting for at least a month.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.