News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

UT 212 apparently decommissioned

Started by Kniwt, April 18, 2016, 11:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kniwt

I can't find anything that specifically says this has happened, but the route shields along I-15 on the Exit 10 signs have all been greened over recently ... and 212 no longer is listed on UDOT's official highway reference page: https://maps.udot.utah.gov/highway/f?p=184:4

At a grand total of a mere 1.3 miles, it's not like the route was even signed anymore once off the freeway, and it just went into the center of Washington City along Old 91 and ended at a signal.

Rover_0

Quote from: Kniwt on April 18, 2016, 11:30:25 AM
I can't find anything that specifically says this has happened, but the route shields along I-15 on the Exit 10 signs have all been greened over recently ... and 212 no longer is listed on UDOT's official highway reference page: https://maps.udot.utah.gov/highway/f?p=184:4

At a grand total of a mere 1.3 miles, it's not like the route was even signed anymore once off the freeway, and it just went into the center of Washington City along Old 91 and ended at a signal.

There was an article back around 2012 or so mentioning that SR-212 was turned back to Washington City; I'm surprised that it took this long for the 212 shields to disappear on I-15 (or be greened over...you know what I mean).
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Billy F 1988

I'm new to this particular discussion and my question regarding this is 1) When was U-212 commissioned and 2) what communities were the starting and end points of U-212?
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

NE2

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on April 18, 2016, 10:17:44 PM
I'm new to this particular discussion and my question regarding this is 1) When was U-212 commissioned and 2) what communities were the starting and end points of U-212?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Route_212
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

andy3175

I took this exit last summer and noticed no shields for UT 212. I wonder if this is an unsigned route or if it was transferred to Washington City for maintenance. The Google Street View seems to show some recent paving along the route based on the July 2013 imagery.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

SD Mapman

Quote from: andy3175 on April 19, 2016, 12:44:09 AM
I took this exit last summer and noticed no shields for UT 212. I wonder if this is an unsigned route or if it was transferred to Washington City for maintenance. The Google Street View seems to show some recent paving along the route based on the July 2013 imagery.
I'm pretty sure that it was transferred to Washington City, as the official highway reference page has nothing on it anymore.

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.