News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Neat site for you signal fans

Started by Scott5114, September 30, 2009, 06:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

I like traffic signals but don't really know much about the various brands and models, etc. but I found this site to be rather amazing. This guy has apparently in his retirement collected and refurbished a bunch of old traffic signals. The neat thing is, though, he not only mounted them on the ceiling of his shop, organized into "intersections" by signal type, but created control boxes for them and then tied them into a central control board to produce green waves. Too cool.

He also has a YouTube channel where he shows the signal setup in action, as well as uses his signals to demonstrate old signal setups, such as a history of the permissive and protected lefts all the way up to the FYA. I wish I had the money, space, and know-how to do this.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Ian

Yes, I know Willis Lamm! I have some photos of mine on his site. Yea, he does have lots of old signals, which I am jealous of  :cool:. There is also this guy who has lots of signals (and signs): http://signalfan.freeservers.com/
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.