News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

Quote from: Bruce on December 20, 2019, 04:29:03 PM
It's the second rainiest day in Seattle history.
When "rain" and "Seattle history" are used in the same sentence, you know it's some real rain.  :spin:

Bruce

The volume of rain was one for the record books, thanks to this storm system.

https://twitter.com/NWSSeattle/status/1208133821880647680

It also brought the record darkest day (in 20 years of bookkeeping).

https://twitter.com/ScottSKOMO/status/1208220567498674176

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on December 20, 2019, 10:13:12 PM

It's amazing to me that's a thing. Less surprising that we broke it.

Eth

Quote from: Bruce on December 20, 2019, 10:13:12 PM

Should be noted there's a typo in that tweet: that's MJ (megajoules), not mJ (millijoules). Only off by a factor of a billion! 0.37 mJ would be roughly one-third of the energy required to press a key on my keyboard, which would be thoroughly preposterous regardless of weather conditions.

US 89

Quote from: Eth on December 21, 2019, 10:53:35 AM
Should be noted there's a typo in that tweet: that's MJ (megajoules), not mJ (millijoules). Only off by a factor of a billion! 0.37 mJ would be roughly one-third of the energy required to press a key on my keyboard, which would be thoroughly preposterous regardless of weather conditions.

You sure?? I don't see the sun pressing keys on keyboards very often when it's sunny...  :spin:

ozarkman417

Tomorrow will be 63 degrees, and Springfield is having it's 10th warmest Christmas this year, at 64 degrees (highest temp on record is 74, 1889).

thspfc

Halloween: Snow
Thanksgiving: No Snow
Christmas: No Snow

ET21

Going for one of the warmest Christmas Days in Chicago history tomorrow. Mid 50s potentially, warmest since 1994
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

kphoger

Quote from: US 89 on December 21, 2019, 12:04:19 PM

Quote from: Eth on December 21, 2019, 10:53:35 AM

You sure?? I don't see the sun pressing keys on keyboards very often when it's sunny...  :spin:

Solar radiation pressure on a keyboard would be very, very small.  But I don't keep my keyboard outside in the sunlight anyway.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Eth

Freezing this morning. Not super notable in and of itself (it is January, after all, and the average low for this date is 34), but it's only the third time this winter we've reached 32 degrees, previously doing so on December 18 and 19.

Flint1979

Max Rockatansky

It was about 32F when I arrived up in Yosemite and about 50F when I left.  There was plenty of hardened snow above 6,000 feet but it was only about a foot deep and easy to walk on.

ozarkman417

It will be raining for the next couple days with the back end of the system being snow. Cross the border in to Kansas and you're looking at 3-4" of snow. Here, we're looking at about half an inch.

ET21

Boy this storm is going to be fun this weekend. Snow, wind, ice, heavy rain, flooding, and tornadoes. Moderate severe risk today, enhanced tomorrow
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Roadgeekteen

Some strange January heat, got up to 67 degrees.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US 89

We had quite a day for weather here in ATL. Most of the day was cloudy with on/off rain and temperatures in the lower 70s. A tornado watch was issued at about 2 PM this afternoon; 3 hours later we got a couple severe thunderstorm warnings as an impressive squall line moved through, bringing some high wind gusts, heavy rain, and some thunder and lightning. No tornadoes touched down in GA as far as I know, but there are multiple reports of thunderstorm wind damage and the line is still continuing off to the east.

Should cool off a bit after today, but more rain is in the forecast for tomorrow into the first half of next week.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 11, 2020, 06:52:24 PM
Some strange January heat, got up to 67 degrees.

Here too, but I'm not falling for it... there will be plenty more cold and snow before spring is here for good.  :)

JMoses24

50 degrees with a gusty south wind in Oklahoma City. We got absolutely no notable weather Friday. Some rain showers...that's about it.

J N Winkler

At the moment it's a bit above freezing in Wichita, but supposed to be good walking weather with little wind.  We're supposed to see highs in the fifties later this week.

Last Friday it was rainy and cold, and on Saturday we woke to snow--fortunately for those who do not know how to drive in it, it was no more than a dusting.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

crt08

73 and clear. It's been a pretty warm winter although there have been some cold mornings in the 30s with highs in the 50s-60s a few days.

kevinb1994

I decided to wait on this fire report until now, as I had to take a quick walk down the road and back before I could figure out the potential causes and effects of it.

There was a three-alarm Fire in the under-construction Fusion rental apartment complex right behind this development area here, and it managed to spread to an adjoining area where people do live and that was definitely a cause for concern. Needless to say, nothing could stop the fire in its tracks and that's why they finally have a temporary fire station by the Town Center area.

SectorZ

I was at 66 degrees this time yesterday, en route to the first 70 degree reading I've ever seen in January.

Right now? 32 and light snow...

Bruce

A few inches of snow scattered around the region. My town got less than an inch, the next over got 3-5 inches. Gotta love microclimates.

https://twitter.com/SnoCo_DEM/status/1216724655752396800

Expected to be very cold this week, with highs in the 20s for the first time in years.

JMoses24

45 with low clouds/fog in Norman, Oklahoma right now.

Bruce

Four straight days of snow. Only about 3 inches where I am, but other parts of the region are seeing much more. Schools have been closed for the entire week.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.