News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 97

Started by Max Rockatansky, October 03, 2021, 11:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I reworked an existing blog document the history of US Route 97 shift from a southern terminus in Oregon to that of Weed, California:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2018/09/volcanic-legacy-scenic-byway-us-route.html

Quillz

One of my favorite drives in California. You get some great views of Shasta on clear days. I was intending to drive on it a couple months back when returning from my vacation (was planning to do Crater Lake to Klamath Falls to Weed), but due to fires and other issues, had to skip it.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Quillz on October 03, 2021, 11:18:26 PM
One of my favorite drives in California. You get some great views of Shasta on clear days. I was intending to drive on it a couple months back when returning from my vacation (was planning to do Crater Lake to Klamath Falls to Weed), but due to fires and other issues, had to skip it.

FWIW I was up at Crater Lake during the worst of the Dixie Fire.  It was smoky but at that far north it was more annoying than an actual hinderance.  I had about the same level of smoke when I drove out to Boise a couple weeks later until rain cleared the sky. 

Quillz

It was more I just left too late (I had to travel from Newport to Sacramento), so I didn't really have time to work in Crater Lake and stopping in Klamath Falls. I've done the drive before, though, and I'm hoping maybe next year or the year after to revisit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.