News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Question about Lewes, Del.

Started by hbelkins, May 16, 2010, 03:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Has anyone here ever spent the night at a motel in Lewes, Delaware? If so, where?

Best I can tell, none of the big chains (Wyndham, Choice Hotels, etc.) have a facility at Lewes, most of them are at Rehoboth Beach. I'm looking for recommendations on a place to stay at Lewes, near the ferry. Thanks!

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

froggie

There's a Sleep Inn in Lewes on DE 1, a few blocks down from US 9.

A note:  if you're intending this as a waystation for the Philly meet, keep in mind that summer weekends along the Delaware shore are A) expensive, B) traffic-clogged, and C) most places require a 2-night stay on the weekends (with Friday counting as part of "the weekend").

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on May 16, 2010, 06:15:43 PM
There's a Sleep Inn in Lewes on DE 1, a few blocks down from US 9.

A note:  if you're intending this as a waystation for the Philly meet, keep in mind that summer weekends along the Delaware shore are A) expensive, B) traffic-clogged, and C) most places require a 2-night stay on the weekends (with Friday counting as part of "the weekend").

Yes, and the Sleep Inn is $120 per night. I think the Econo Lodge at Rehoboth, at half that price, might be a better choice.

This would be a Thursday night stay. Friday's trip will be across the ferry, north through Jersey to get the three counties I need in that state, then back inland into Maryland or Pennsylvania somewhere for the night.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dfilpus

We took the ferry last week. I researched the area and decided not to try to stay near the ferry. According to tripadvisor.om, there are two local motels in downtown Lewes on US 9 Business. The Sleep Inn and Econo Lodge are among the many motels out on DE 1 near the outlets. Any of those would be equally close to the ferry. The reviews of the Econo Lodge are not good. I ended up staying in Chincoteague VA, drove up though Ocean City MD and caught the 11:15 ferry.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.