What's your guilty pleasure restaurant on the road?

Started by TravelingBethelite, August 02, 2015, 05:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

For me, it's either Hardee's or Sonic, not-as-much for the food (it's pretty :meh: to be honest), but that there are none within convinient distance for me-at least for Sonic. My nearest Hardee's is a good 150 miles or more for me.

Inspired by this thread https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=15895.0
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

CtrlAltDel

Waffle House!

(Where it's available anyway. Like Hardee's or Sonic, it's not all that good, but I still feel like I'm missing something if I don't go at least once.)
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

corco

Depending on the region I'm in, I usually have places I go to eat. I'd say my top three that I'll go out of my way for are:

1. Steak 'n Shake when either in the midwest or when I travel to eastern Montana for work. I never hesitate to stop at the one in Billings despite it being a ways off the freeway.
2. Runza in Nebraska
3. Blake's in NM

Mapmikey

Taco Johns (for the potato Oles)
Culvers (chicken cashew salad)

Mike

iBallasticwolf2

For me it would have to be Burger King and McDonalds.
I'm going to regret it so much in the future when I have diabetes, won't I? Even though I don't eat it alot junk food always wins.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

Pete from Boston

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

oscar

in-N-Out, which I eat at once (and only once) just for the fries, every time I visit California.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

DaBigE

Culver's (guilt comes from having a custard...Butter Burgers don't feel as guilty for some reason)
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

vtk

Arby's mozzarella sticks. I make a meal of them. Especially if I'm in the Cincinnati area; those locations have a 9-piece for under $6.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

SSOWorld

Culvers - nuff said.

In'N'Out became this while I was in California - though I was missing Culvers - and surprised to see them in Phoenix when I drove there.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JakeFromNewEngland

Considering most of my travels take me not that far away from home, most of the restaurants are about the same. But I would have to say In N Out took this spot when I was out in California. We stopped there several times for food.

rickmastfan67

Jack in the Box if I'm traveling past the Charlotte, NC area. :)

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

1995hoo

I have not been there since 1998, but the first place that immediately came to mind was the Varsity in Georgia, especially their onion rings. Give me two orders of those, strap a pipe to my arse, and my car just might go faster than Concorde.

I keep hearing about In n Out but I've never been anywhere they operate. That'll change this fall when we visit my brother-in-law in Phoenix, so I'll have to try to check them out.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

74/171FAN

I will say Sheetz probably more for the 3 cents off per gallon with a Sheetz card than the food itself.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Rothman

Jack-in-the-Box used to be on my list.  I used to love their fries back when I ate there in California in the late 1990s.  However, last time I was there a few years ago, the fries just didn't taste like I remembered -- they were more like wannabe McDonald's fries.

Oh well.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

roadman65

Braums now if I am ever in Southern Kansas, SW Missouri, NW Arkansas, or anywhere in Oklahoma.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman

For breakfast, it's usually Waffle House.  For lunch or dinner, it's usually Perkins.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

cpzilliacus

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

noelbotevera

Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on August 02, 2015, 06:23:13 PM
I'm going to regret it so much in the future when I have diabetes, won't I? Even though I don't eat it alot junk food always wins.
Yep. Better stop now.

Me....it would have to be Red Lobster. I love the seafood they serve there (there is one in Chambersburg, by the way).
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: noelbotevera on August 03, 2015, 01:36:56 PM
Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on August 02, 2015, 06:23:13 PM
Yep. Better stop now.
Sadly the food is addictive. Every weekend I eat it.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

cjk374

Lambert's...Home of the Throwed Rolls. Only 3 locations:  Sikeston, MO., Ozark, MO (Springfield), & Foley, AL.

http://www.throwedrolls.com
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.