News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Your favorite smells

Started by cjk374, January 15, 2013, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

Oranges. Including the eraseable pens that smell like them.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

djsinco

I like the smell of a new Lexus (mine is getting too old to sniff, but still fun to drive...)
3 million miles and counting

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

1995hoo

Quote from: Stalin on February 02, 2013, 01:06:04 AM
I liked the smell of leaded gas.  Ethyl was the best.  Unleaded gas smells like a shit.

Talk to the second Family Feud contestant here: http://youtu.be/zdVuEpD9_IY
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

BigMattFromTexas

djsinco

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but fresh bread baking sure is a nice smell.

golden eagle

A good-smelling woman and anything vanilla.

kkt

Hot earl grey tea.
Lilac.
Bacon frying.

OracleUsr

Hmm...

Diesel exhaust (reminds me of charter bus trips with my college marching band)
Garlic and onions sauteeing or in stir fry
Candle Smoke
Matches
Charcoal and hardwood smoke
Tinder box stores (don't smoke, but man that smell...)
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

sdmichael

I like the smell of the leather that Dainese uses in their suits and gloves. Also orange blossoms.

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kphoger

Black tea leaves before they've been steeped.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

djsinco

Back in the day, leaded gasoline.

Hmm, maybe that's where those brain cells went!  :spin:

thenetwork

-  Fresh rubber in a Tire Store showroom
-  Diesel smoke at a truck stop
-  Cow manure while driving down a country road
-  Smelling approaching rain in the air
-  Pine forests

kphoger

Quote from: thenetwork on May 21, 2013, 10:30:32 PM
•  Smelling approaching rain in the air

Nothing beats it!
Male pronouns, please.

kurumi

The reference stacks in a library (stuffy, papery aroma).

Frying bacon.

Cut lumber; many years ago, a lumberyard by Foothill Expressway in Los Altos gave that unique pleasure to bike riders.

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Brian556

Hot Asphalt (being transported or laid).
Sunkist (the moment you twist the cap off)
Certain Gummy candies

Dr Frankenstein

allniter89

Quote from: djsinco on May 21, 2013, 02:41:11 PM

Yeah me too! I worked at alot of full service gas stations up north in my younger days, if the filling tube was behind the license plate (do any cars fill behind the license plate anymore?) and it was cold out I was stooped down low behind the car trying to get shelter from the wind. I inhaled alot of leaded gas fumes.  :hmmm:Did I say that out loud?  :crazy: :spin:
Freshly baked bread from a bakery.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

djsinco

Quote from: allniter89 on July 28, 2013, 12:38:45 AM

Yeah me too! I worked at alot of full service gas stations up north in my younger days, if the filling tube was behind the license plate (do any cars fill behind the license plate anymore?) and it was cold out I was stooped down low behind the car trying to get shelter from the wind. I inhaled alot of leaded gas fumes.
Yeah me too! I worked at alot of full service gas stations up north in my younger days, if the filling tube was behind the license plate (do any cars fill behind the license plate anymore?) and it was cold out I was stooped down low behind the car trying to get shelter from the wind. I inhaled alot of leaded gas fumes.  :hmmm:Did I say that out loud?  :crazy: :spin:
Oddest double post I've ever seen...

Alps

Quote from: djsinco on July 28, 2013, 03:27:36 AM
Quote from: allniter89 on July 28, 2013, 12:38:45 AM

Yeah me too! I worked at alot of full service gas stations up north in my younger days, if the filling tube was behind the license plate (do any cars fill behind the license plate anymore?) and it was cold out I was stooped down low behind the car trying to get shelter from the wind. I inhaled alot of leaded gas fumes.
Something about those leaded gas fumes.

corco

Impending rain
A car with leather seats that a dog has spent a lot of time in- that smell reminds me of my Grandfather's farm
Spaghetti sauce

Molandfreak

Quote from: corco on July 28, 2013, 07:42:00 PM
Spaghetti sauce
Garlic
Parmesan
Breadsticks
Pretty much anything that has to do with spaghetti!
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Ned Weasel

Why not?

Electronics with plastic casing
Skunk (add me to that list, but note that I haven't smelled it up close)
Hotel rooms, preferably older ones, sometimes with a bit of lingering cigarette smoke (even though I detest fresh cigarette smoke)
Coffee, coffee, coffee!!!
Beer
Shopping mall interiors, except for the parts where perfumes are sold (but I'm totally good with Cinnabon)
Wet grass
A smell for everyone and no one
Something that's legal in two U.S. states
99.9% absence of poo (because I don't want to fit in, but I've learned not to be dogmatic)
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.