News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by NWI_Irish96 - Today at 09:46:09 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 09:08:46 AMIf I were a Falcons fan, I'd be pissed. Thankfully I think my Vikes had a good night.

I think Penix is the 2nd best QB in the draft. I'd be more pissed that they gave Cousins so much money.
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 09:32:30 AM
Quote from: thspfc on April 25, 2024, 05:33:04 PMIf you listened to the internet you would think it's remarkable that the franchise hasn't spontaneously combusted yet after having no first round picks for 8 years.

Recognizing that the NFL has changed quite substantially over the ensuing years, it's interesting to look back and note that the Redskins had no first-round picks from 1969 to 1979, inclusive, in 1982, and in 1984 to 1990, inclusive. The three they did have during that period turned out all right (Art Monk, Mark May, and Darrell Green), but it's interesting to note how those periods coincided with their two most successful runs in recent history (the George Allen years in the 1970s and the first Joe Gibbs era in the 1980s). You could argue that maybe the lack of first-round picks in the late 1980s contributed to the team's collapse in 1993, although there would also be a reasonable counterargument that winning Super Bowls XXII and XXVI in the years leading up to 1993 were a fair trade-off and that most people wouldn't give up the Super Bowl wins if they could go back and do it over.

I think the league, and the style of play, has changed significantly since then such that it's harder to find gold at positions like quarterback in the later rounds the way it used to be. Mark Rypien, for example, was a sixth-rounder—although I suppose it's important to recognize that Tom Brady was as well, so it's not necessarily impossible to do well in the later rounds.
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 09:08:46 AM
If I were a Falcons fan, I'd be pissed. Thankfully I think my Vikes had a good night.
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 09:07:27 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 23, 2024, 12:54:37 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 17, 2024, 12:41:07 PMAnd the Lakers "won" the right to get swept by the Nuggets for the second consecutive year.

Mmmhmmm.

Mmmmmmmhmmmmmm.
Traffic Control / Re: The road sign city name ph...
Last post by formulanone - Today at 08:39:01 AM
Goshen (VA) -> Nellieburg (MS)

Southeast / Re: Charlotte
Last post by ran4sh - Today at 08:23:32 AM
It is, but in the MUTCD figure the "exit only" panels are much closer to the arrows than they are on that sign.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by formulanone - Today at 08:11:24 AM
Maryland 482:

Southeast / Re: I-40 in North Carolina
Last post by ARMOURERERIC - Today at 06:47:49 AM
I was always told that DDI's were for when cross road traffic was heavily turning left to get on the freeway ramps.
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 06:28:00 AM
Quote from: webny99 on April 25, 2024, 10:41:05 PM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on April 25, 2024, 08:36:11 PMNew England Patriots select NC QB Drake Maye at #3.

A bummer for the rest of the AFC East.

Falcons selecting Michael Penix Jr at #8 overall is the most surprising QB pick since Daniel Jones.

This draft has definitely made history opening with 14 straight offensive players, not to mention the record-setting 6 QB's in the first 12 picks.

6 QB's gone before the Raiders picked at #13 was definitely not something anyone had mocked and they would have been laughed off the street if they had. There was plenty of talk of Bo Nix falling out of the first round entirely like Will Levis, while hardly anyone considered that he might go as early as #12. Also since there were only 6 potential first round QB's, there was some extra petty motivation for the Broncos to take the last one to stick it to the Raiders. They still got a good player in Brock Bowers, but you can bet they're disappointed all 6 QB's were gone.

I was also surprised that the Falcons selected Penix. I wonder what their rationale is.
Closures happening this weekend. Seems like beams are getting installed for the flyover ramp.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/OHDOT/bulletins/398b6a9

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.