Regional Boards > Southeast

Charlotte

<< < (54/55) > >>

sprjus4:
^ Are you referring to a single segment of 8 lanes or the entire distance throughout the state? Because if the former, then close to 50 miles is already under construction / going to be soon. And if the latter, than that’s a definite given outside of the 50 miles already underway for 8 lanes, the remainder is only planned for mostly just 6 lanes.

architect77:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on December 02, 2021, 02:49:03 AM ---^ Are you referring to a single segment of 8 lanes or the entire distance throughout the state? Because if the former, then close to 50 miles is already under construction / going to be soon. And if the latter, than that’s a definite given outside of the 50 miles already underway for 8 lanes, the remainder is only planned for mostly just 6 lanes.

--- End quote ---

The entire length of I-95. It will take a long time. I hope we get NC connected to the Northeast Corridor by faster train service much sooner.

The only missing link is 100 miles of the abandoned S line between Raleigh and Richmond. Virginia now owns the right of way, and the two states just need to find $4 billion to bring it back into service.

Virginia is upgrading service from D.C. to Richmond, so I have faith that Charlotte and Raleigh will see faster service to the Northeast within 20 years.

tolbs17:
When looking at this, I hope this would give a boost to the I-485 express lanes project.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsoctv.com/news/local/documents-link-best-buy-industrial-project-eyeing-property-near-charlotte-airport/XMRV5BMV3BDWBGKBOPBCZSCPGE/%3foutputType=amp

wriddle082:

--- Quote from: tolbs17 on March 03, 2022, 11:59:29 PM ---When looking at this, I hope this would give a boost to the I-485 express lanes project.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsoctv.com/news/local/documents-link-best-buy-industrial-project-eyeing-property-near-charlotte-airport/XMRV5BMV3BDWBGKBOPBCZSCPGE/%3foutputType=amp

--- End quote ---

Doesn’t need a boost.  The whole south end of Charlotte out to the airport is too busy as it is.  They’re making a big mistake not adding one more free lane in each direction from US 74 to NC 16, and they need a fourth from 77 south side to 85 west side, plus a reworking of the on-ramp to 85 south.

Third Strike:

--- Quote from: wriddle082 on March 04, 2022, 04:39:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: tolbs17 on March 03, 2022, 11:59:29 PM ---When looking at this, I hope this would give a boost to the I-485 express lanes project.

--- End quote ---

Doesn’t need a boost.  The whole south end of Charlotte out to the airport is too busy as it is.  They’re making a big mistake not adding one more free lane in each direction from US 74 to NC 16, and they need a fourth from 77 south side to 85 west side, plus a reworking of the on-ramp to 85 south.

--- End quote ---

What’s weird about the widening of I-485 from NC 16 to US 74 is that they left enough space for a third general purpose (or second express lane). Seems like this will create an unnecessary bottleneck in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version