Roads with the same name as you!

Started by LilianaUwU, October 29, 2021, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirt Roads

6a

I have such a weird surname that the only way a road will have that name is if I get to name it.

Hunty2022

With my username being Hunty2022, it's pretty obvious what my actual name is.

The closest Hunter Road to me appears to be VA SR-800 south of Staunton.

I wasn't able to find a Hunty Road.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

skluth

There are a few instances of roads with my last name. Like here. And here. Not surprisingly, these are in Wisconsin where many of my relatives still live. Though there is this in Illinois. And this in Idaho. And this hotel in Germany. Not bad for an uncommon last name.

kphoger

Quote from: skluth on March 11, 2023, 04:04:21 PM
Though there is this in Illinois.

Am I the only one who wondered...

Whole Brain  ←  :crazy:
11641 Kluth Ct, Mokena, IL 60448
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Hobart

The first that comes to mind is Hobart Avenue in Cooperstown, North Dakota, where I actually took a picture of the sign blade because I was staying at the city park overnight (which is legal).

The other example is Hobart Street in Gary, Indiana, which I drove by on U.S. 20 a lot: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6045382,-87.4177556,17.29z

There's probably many more examples, like Hobart Road out in Lake Station, but it's a surprisingly common name for a street on Google Maps so I'm just settling for the ones I've personally witnessed.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Hobart on March 14, 2023, 10:15:40 AM
The first that comes to mind is Hobart Avenue in Cooperstown, North Dakota, where I actually took a picture of the sign blade because I was staying at the city park overnight (which is legal).

The other example is Hobart Street in Gary, Indiana, which I drove by on U.S. 20 a lot: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6045382,-87.4177556,17.29z

There's probably many more examples, like Hobart Road out in Lake Station, but it's a surprisingly common name for a street on Google Maps so I'm just settling for the ones I've personally witnessed.

There's a town in Lake County named Hobart, thus the roads bearing that name.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

elsmere241

We discovered a Taber Street in Williams, AZ on our way to the Grand Canyon.  (I-40 wasn't built around Williams yet - this was 1980.)

There's a John Road (or Drive?) right near my office - one way and one block.

Big John

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on March 14, 2023, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: Hobart on March 14, 2023, 10:15:40 AM

There's a town in Lake County named Hobart, thus the roads bearing that name.
Village of  Hobart just west of Green Bay.  Hobart Drive in Green Bay.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

CtrlAltDel

There is a street with the same name as me in the town I grew up in. It's somewhat common as a street name since it was the last name of one of the presidents.

Anyway, when I first got my driver's license, my father, who had accompanied me, did not let me drive home from the DMV. Rather, he took me this street, and then let me drive. So, the first street I drove on as an officially licensed driver was the street with my name. A few years later, they replaced the street blades, and I managed to get one of the old ones, which is now in my bedroom.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.