Is it possible to get a user blocked?

Started by I-39, November 22, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I only stay away, not out of disrespect for the other user, but from being tempted to drop down to his level.    I cannot resist the urge to become a troll or to start snark when somebody like him says something.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

jakeroot

Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2015, 11:41:12 PM
I only stay away, not out of disrespect for the other user, but from being tempted to drop down to his level.    I cannot resist the urge to become a troll or to start snark when somebody like him says something.

What do you mean "down to his level"? That implies he's some sort of troll. He hasn't done anything troll-ish except express an opinion that is widely-derided. You can disagree with him all you want. Every time he responds, he comes up with reasons that can be understood and accepted, or refuted. That said, you can either A) respond to him, which is asking for a response back, or B) ignore his posts, and he'll move on. Like I said before, your failure to resist the urge to respond is your own wrong-doing. You need to be able to just move on. There are a million other users just like him. You can't just block/ban every one of them.

roadman65

I have taken B and moved on.  You are the one bringing it up.  I only suggested to the others who are complaining about him that there is another option than constant complaining as many are unaware of the feature. 

Also if there are a million other users like him, why does this guy have a thread about him?  I have never seen this before.  Anyway, you should direct your rant at everybody here in this thread.  They have more against this guy than I do.  I took the option to ignore as one other user on here did, and his advice is sound!  I moved on and do not even give this guy a second thought since.  YOU are the one bringing him up, not I!  Enough said and I am not going to argue with you anymore as this subject is OLD!

Sheryl Crowe

dzlsabe

Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2015, 11:12:43 PM
I do not think this guy would invent new usernames, however after reading this he might just do that.

However, I heard a man named Blawp used to do that here.  Federal Route One was one of his aliases that he used on here, however no matter what name you use your m/o is still the same which would give that particular user away right away.  In that case ignoring someone will not work.  Lets just hope this guy gets tired and moves on.
Are Beavis and Butthead available?
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

jakeroot

Quote from: roadman65 on December 07, 2015, 02:16:43 AM
I have taken B and moved on.  You are the one bringing it up.  I only suggested to the others who are complaining about him that there is another option than constant complaining as many are unaware of the feature. 

Also if there are a million other users like him, why does this guy have a thread about him?  I have never seen this before.  Anyway, you should direct your rant at everybody here in this thread.  They have more against this guy than I do.  I took the option to ignore as one other user on here did, and his advice is sound!  I moved on and do not even give this guy a second thought since.  YOU are the one bringing him up, not I!  Enough said and I am not going to argue with you anymore as this subject is OLD!

I took the "I cannot resist the urge to become a troll or to start snark" to mean "I cannot resist the urge to respond". If this is not what you meant, I apologize. I can see now (from reading previous posts) that you have "taken B".

Also, I don't think we were arguing. I never had any anger against you, or at least I didn't intend to make it look like I did.

roadman65

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

Quote from: dzlsabe on December 07, 2015, 02:22:14 AM

No. Now that same-sex marriage is legal in all 50 states, I feel certain they've tied the knot and are now off the market.  :-D  :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dzlsabe

Quote from: hbelkins on December 07, 2015, 02:42:35 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on December 07, 2015, 02:22:14 AM

No. Now that same-sex marriage is legal in all 50 states, I feel certain they've tied the knot and are now off the market.  :-D  :bigass:
Will you be here all week?
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

rickmastfan67

Alright, this thread has gone on long enough.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.