News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Intersection help.

Started by Amtrakprod, June 26, 2018, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amtrakprod

Hi Jake! Really loved your design, the one thing is is that it would most likely have reflective borders and doghouses instead of towers, also Waltham wouldn't have the before intersection signals! Great design though!!

iPhone
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

jakeroot

Quote from: Amtrakprod on July 06, 2018, 04:41:22 PM
Hi Jake! Really loved your design, the one thing is is that it would most likely have reflective borders and doghouses instead of towers, also Waltham wouldn't have the before intersection signals! Great design though!!

Yeah, the stop line signals are more of a midwest or western thing. I quite like them, so I try to include them in my designs.

The left turns are flashing yellow arrows, so they are basically the same thing as doghouses in terms of how the behave. I have not yet created a backplate with a reflective border, but it's on my to-do list.

Glad you like it!

Amtrakprod

Quote from: jakeroot on July 06, 2018, 05:51:39 PM

Yeah, the stop line signals are more of a midwest or western thing. I quite like them, so I try to include them in my designs.

The left turns are flashing yellow arrows, so they are basically the same thing as doghouses in terms of how the behave. I have not yet created a backplate with a reflective border, but it's on my to-do list.

Glad you like it!
I was saying the right turn signals would be doghouses, I personally love FYAs

iPhone
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

jakeroot

Quote from: Amtrakprod on July 07, 2018, 10:13:27 AM

Glad you like it!

Oh, I gotcha. I was wondering why you'd want doghouses, since I've seen many FYAs in Massachusetts.

Would doghouses still be used on poles? I've seen doghouses on poles before (in several places, including Mass), but wasn't sure if they were still regularly installed.

My area generally uses 4- or 5-section towers on masts for right turn filters, hence why I used them here. The one hold out is Spokane, who seems to like doghouses on poles.

Amtrakprod

Quote from: jakeroot on July 09, 2018, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: Amtrakprod on July 07, 2018, 10:13:27 AM

Glad you like it!

Oh, I gotcha. I was wondering why you'd want doghouses, since I've seen many FYAs in Massachusetts.

Would doghouses still be used on poles? I've seen doghouses on poles before (in several places, including Mass), but wasn't sure if they were still regularly installed.

My area generally uses 4- or 5-section towers on masts for right turn filters, hence why I used them here. The one hold out is Spokane, who seems to like doghouses on poles.

Even on the bottom section, Massachusetts really hates 5 sections for some reason.

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.