News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Account not activated error

Started by noelbotevera (help!), March 30, 2024, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera (help!)

I'm logging in for the first time in a while, and I've forgotten my password. It also seems like some things have changed with my account (my location is in the Philippines?). I'm unfamiliar with this new format, so is it possible that my old account is gone and I'll need to make a new one?

noelbotevera (help!)

Some things to add:

-I decided to use this email for things like password recovery; I think the old account used my dad's email. Obviously, I can check this email far more conveniently. It's possible that there will be weirdness in trying to tie my old account to a new email, especially since I can't even send a "forgot password" email using my username.

-I cleared my cookies on Chrome and Firefox. I don't think I've visited the site while logged in on this computer, so I have no clue if it did anything but make me feel better.

J N Winkler

Hi there!  We tried to contact you about a month ago--we had to disable your account since the login credentials got compromised.

We had to upgrade the forum about a week ago and the dust still has not settled.  Though I handle new account approvals, I am not seeing a new account registration under your name with your preferred email address.

To avoid duplication of accounts and to carry over your posting history, we would re-enable your old account with a password reset and update the contact email address.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Scott5114

The email associated with your previous account was noelbotevera@yahoo.com – do you still have access to this email?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

noelbotevera (help!)

No, I don't; the email that's associated with these posts I have access to. I'll do a new account registration.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: noelbotevera (help!) on March 30, 2024, 10:30:42 PMNo, I don't; the email that's associated with these posts I have access to. I'll do a new account registration.

Account registration is currently disabled since we're still working out some kinks in the system.

Shoot me an email @ 'my user ID here'@gmail.com and I'll change the email address associated with the account and unban it.  Then you can request a password reset.

noelbotevera (help!)

Quote from: noelbotevera (help!) on March 30, 2024, 10:30:42 PMNo, I don't; the email that's associated with these posts I have access to. I'll do a new account registration.
Do I have to use a new username or will my merged account have my old username?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: noelbotevera (help!) on March 30, 2024, 10:33:24 PM
Do I have to use a new username or will my merged account have my old username?

You'll still have the old account.  I can manually change the email on it.

noelbotevera (help!)

Quote from: J N Winkler on March 30, 2024, 10:24:38 PMHi there!  We tried to contact you about a month ago--we had to disable your account since the login credentials got compromised.
Hmm, I guess a bot took it over. Were the stray posts cleared?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: noelbotevera (help!) on March 30, 2024, 10:39:10 PM
Quote from: J N Winkler on March 30, 2024, 10:24:38 PMHi there!  We tried to contact you about a month ago--we had to disable your account since the login credentials got compromised.
Hmm, I guess a bot took it over. Were the stray posts cleared?

It was dealt with.  Please check your email.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 30, 2024, 10:46:54 PMI lifted the ban.

Also remember to clear all your cookies before resetting your password.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What does the abbreviation 'Ave.' stand for on road signs?:
What is the highest posted number for the Interstate Highway system?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.