News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Philadelphia

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Dough4872

Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 10, 2023, 02:56:14 PM
(For PA 3)  PennDOT - District 6 News: PECO Utility Improvement Planned on Route 3 (Chestnut Street) in Philadelphia  (I am not even sure if this is actually PA 3, but whatever...)

This stretch of Chestnut Street is eastbound PA 3.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Tonytone

Promoting Cities since 1998!

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 12, 2023, 09:38:26 AM
(For I-95)  PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT Invites Public to Review and Comment on Interstate 95 Central and South Philadelphia Planning Study

PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT Extends Deadline for Public Comment on Interstate 95 Central and South Philadelphia Planning Study

QuoteThe Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today that the deadline has been extended to Friday, October 20, for the public to review and comment on the Interstate 95 Central and South Philadelphia (I-95 CSP) Planning Study by visiting the on-demand virtual public meeting roomOpens In A New Window.

SkyPesos

Some updates regarding Roosevelt Blvd. I've kept up with the subway component of this project more than the actual road itself, but some of you might be interested in their three proposed road configurations (looks like there's a freeway, boulevard and whatever the "blended roadway" means)

Alps

i'm gonna vote "partially capped expressway from I-76 to I-287"

74/171FAN

The CE Expert System has been updated in regard to I-95 at Penn's Landing.

74/171FAN

The CE Expert System shows updated documents in regard to a road diet along 63rd St.

QuoteThe following work is proposed at various intersections along 63rd Street/Cobbs Creek Parkway (S.R. 3015) extending from Market Street up to and including 67th Street:

•Restriping of pavement lanes on Cobbs Creek Parkway to reallocate the existing 4-lane to a 3-lane roadway with median islands and/or curb bump-outs on segments of 63rd St from Chestnut Street to Spruce Street.
•Restriping Cobbs Creek Parkway southbound to add a left turn lane.
•Adding a median island along Cobbs Creek Parkway.
•Full modernization and installation of traffic signal equipment, including but not limited to signal supports, signal heads, pedestrian countdown signal heads, retroreflective backplates, ground mounted signal controller cabinets, timing/phasing improvements, and signing.
•Construction of enhanced crosswalks with raised crossings, rectangular rapid flashing beacons, signing, and pavement marking upgrades.
•Construction of curb bump-outs and curb extensions along 63rd Street/Cobbs Creek Parkway.
•Construction of design and design-build ADA ramps.

74/171FAN

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on November 07, 2023, 05:06:59 PM
PennDOT - District 6 News: Ramps to I-95 South Reopen Friday at Betsy Ross Bridge Interchange in Philadelphia

And it has reopened.

https://www.roadsbridges.com/highway-construction/news/33014751/the-betsy-ross-bridge-i95-ramp-reopens

And I heard on one of KYW's traffic reports driving home from work yesterday that the ramp has reopened.

But as of this morning, nobody has told Google Maps/Traffic which still shows the ramp as closed until Jan. 2024.

EDIT:  As of this morning (11.13.2023) , Google Maps showed the ramp as open.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.