News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RIP Hank Aaron, dead at 86

Started by kevinb1994, January 22, 2021, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

Alps

WillWeaverRVA

Ugh, we're losing a lot of sports legends lately. And this comes almost one year after we lost Kobe Bryant.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 22, 2021, 03:31:09 PM
Ugh, we're losing a lot of sports legends lately. And this comes almost one year after we lost Kobe Bryant.

And a couple of days after Tommy Lasorda and Don Sutton. :(

hbelkins

Listened to him hit number 714 against the Cincinnati Reds. This was right after the huge 1974 tornado outbreak, power had gone off at school, and we were dismissed early and sent home. It was an afternoon game at Riverfront Stadium and we listened on a transistor radio tuned to 700 AM, WLW.

Then I saw him hit 715 on television the following Monday night.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jakeroot

My family and I were joking that Hank Aaron pulled an Abe Vigoda: he was still alive!?!

RIP to a legend. Never saw him play, but certainly would have loved to.

briantroutman

By chance, the Recent Posts block had "RIP Hank Aaron"  on a line adjacent to "Streets that change spelling" –and in a moment's glance, my mind read "RIP Aaron Spelling" . And I thought: Isn't he already dead?

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.