News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Highest route number you have traveled at least two unrelated routes

Started by NWI_Irish96, November 14, 2022, 09:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirt Roads

After having worked in Miami, there are a bunch of high numbered possibilities.  Here's a few of them:

I've been on the Rickenbacker Causeway in Miami and also on the Blankenbaker Parkway in Jeffersontown, Kentucky.  That is FL-913 and KY-913.
But even better, I've been on the Broad Causeway between North Miami and Bay Harbour Islands and also on Newtown Pike in Lexington.  Those are FL-922 and KY-922.

Strange "near miss":  I've walked along Coral Way in Coral Gables, which is FL-972 (and may have actually exited a parking lot onto Coral Way at least once, but not sure).  I've also been on both Pennsylvania Avenue (MD-4) and Marlboro Pike (former Bus MD-4) in Suitland, Maryland, both of which connected to unsigned MD-972A before the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Silver Hill Road was reconstructed.

And a "here's looking at you" double near miss:  Back in my days on the railroad, part of my territory was between Somerset and Johnstown and I had a crossing in Ferndale.  When PA-403 turns right onto Franklin Street, you are looking at PA-985 which continues south on Franklin.  And later in Miami, I was on the Don Shula Expressway in Miami and exited onto SW 104th Street.  That's looking at SW 107th Avenue (which is FL-985).  In another "almost" to this story, I was on that same stretch of Franklin Street south of Ferndale several times before that section of the US-219 freeway opened up, but back then it was posted as US-219.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

DandyDan

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 14, 2022, 03:52:50 PM
Without really diving in, my first thought from memory is MN 280 and NC 280.
I forgot about MN 280. I have that and I-280 in the Quad Cities.

I could up that by 1 and get IA 281 by Waterloo to go along with US 281 in Nebraska.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

dgolub

Probably I-684 in New York and Middlesex CR 684 in New Jersey.

CNGL-Leudimin

Looks like I'm finally settling on N-625 and provincial road CV-625 in the province of Zaragoza, both in Spain. I have several even higher duplicated numbers (810, 817, 933, 937, 940), but all those pairs were issued from former French national roads (N10, N117, N133, N637 and N640 respectively).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

1995hoo

Quote from: webny99 on November 14, 2022, 04:27:22 PM
For anyone that uses Travel Mapping, this should be quite easy. There's a page of routes traveled by number, just start from the bottom to identify the highest duplicate, then apply the rules of this thread.

Here's mine: https://travelmapping.net/user/routesbynumber.php?units=miles&u=webny99&

Thank you for this. My first thought had been 895 (I-895 and VA-895), but using that link tells me it's actually 970 (Florida and Pennsylvania state routes).

Edited to add: After looking at a map, I can see why I forgot about those. PA-970 in particular–the only time I've driven on there is when I was rushing home from Toronto after being told my father had about a week to live. The roads were not uppermost in my mind that day beyond "what is the most direct route home."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Dirt Roads

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 19, 2022, 09:06:02 AM
My first thought had been 895 (I-895 and VA-895)...

Yikes!  I totally missed this one.  Not that it was a contender, but it should have been on my list.  Unlike the others on my list, I've used both of these on many occasions.  But I technically have not clinched I-895 because of all of the various "long ramps" that serve as collectors from other freeways.

Bickendan

ND and SD 1806 followed by WA and NM 599 for me.
I was actually hoping for an ORH but they only go up to 493 :lol:

CNGL-Leudimin

Now I realize I have an even higher duplicate, and even worse, I was on one of the implied routes yesterday (still "today" for those in Alaska and Hawaii Aleutian time zones). I've corrected my post above.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

1995hoo

Quote from: Dirt Roads on November 20, 2022, 05:07:46 PM

Yikes!  I totally missed this one.  Not that it was a contender, but it should have been on my list.  Unlike the others on my list, I've used both of these on many occasions.  But I technically have not clinched I-895 because of all of the various "long ramps" that serve as collectors from other freeways.

Note the thread says "traveled," not "clinched." I haven't clinched PA-970, but I drove on it as the logical connection from I-80 to US-322 in order to cut the corner down to I-99.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Dirt Roads

Quote from: Dirt Roads on November 20, 2022, 05:07:46 PM

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 21, 2022, 07:44:11 AM
Note the thread says "traveled," not "clinched." I haven't clinched PA-970, but I drove on it as the logical connection from I-80 to US-322 in order to cut the corner down to I-99.

Sorry, I should have clarified.  Both I-895 and VA-895 are toll structures intended as bypasses of the main Interstate routes.  On the surface, they should both be easy to clinch.  From the south, I have accessed I-895 from I-95, US-1 and MD-2, but not the long ramp from I-97 (which was added later).  Not that I was particularly trying to clinch any of these "long ramps".  From the north, I don't see any disqualifiers.  So I can't even remember if I clinched this before it became unclinched.  I'm glad this is not officially part of I-97.

I was going to mention another similarity.  I don't remember the Laburnum Avenue exit having been constructed back when VA-895 first opened, and as such there would have been no intermediate exits between I-95 and I-295.  I have never used that exit, but I do remember it afterwards.  The new exit for VA-281 for Richmond International Airport has been added recently.

And back to the main topic, I worked on the NYCT Pelham Line (Number 6) in the Bronx that parallels and overlooks The Sheridan expressway (NY-895) between the Bruckner Expressway and Westchester Avenue.  But I've never actually driven on it (to qualify for a triple route).

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on November 14, 2022, 03:32:02 PM
For me, it is 985 (I-985 and PA 985).

If I include VA SRs, I believe that my number goes up to 1303.  I have clinched KY 1303.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

bwana39

I think it would be I-410 in San Antonio and FM 410 in Red River County.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Some one

roadfro

For me, it'll be I-880 (CA) and all 0.6 or so miles of NV 880.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

TBKS1

I don't know if this counts but AR 440 and I-440 both in Little Rock. Both of which are the same road but it's basically an extension north of I-40 that's signed with a state highway shield.

If that doesn't count, I've been on I-369 in Texarkana and a section of AR 369 near Lake Greeson.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

pianocello

Quote from: formulanone on November 17, 2022, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: pianocello on November 17, 2022, 05:55:01 PM
US 441 and WI 441.

It's possible that there's some overlap with random state route numbers out of Maryland, Florida, and Kentucky, but none come to mind immediately.

Looks like 520 is your answer, excluding any Florida county routes that may overlap.

Heh, thanks. Evidently I couldn't be bothered to look up my TM data on my own :sombrero:. Indiana SR 520 is pretty easy to forget.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

bwana39

Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Some one

Some one

Actually, now that I remember I think it's now I-90 and US 90.

Duke87

I too have the "this depends on if you consider ND 1806 and SD 1806 related" conundrum.

If you do, the answer is 985 (I- and PA)
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.