News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Illinois Capital Build 2019

Started by ilpt4u, May 17, 2019, 06:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I think it's been mentioned but all that is out is that Dist 7 sheet.

Rick Powell

Quote from: 3467 on June 04, 2019, 08:52:56 AM
I think it's been mentioned but all that is out is that Dist 7 sheet.

See Illinois notes. Full MYP is now out.

Lyon Wonder

Illinois road construction projects are now delayed and postponed since the state has a shortfall in gas tax revenues thanks to covid and the slow economy.

https://wlds.com/idot-road-projects-getting-postponed-due-to-gas-tax-revenue-decline/

skluth

Quote from: Lyon Wonder on August 31, 2020, 07:26:11 PM
Illinois road construction projects are now delayed and postponed since the state has a shortfall in gas tax revenues thanks to covid and the slow economy.

https://wlds.com/idot-road-projects-getting-postponed-due-to-gas-tax-revenue-decline/

I'm sure we'll see more delays in the next few months

If remote work continues and it may then it may change a lot. About 600000 people worked in downtown One story said it's only 80000 now. Mass transit is empty and there is no morning rush and a modest afternoon. That might be popping in for the occasional in person update. Anyway it's hard to tell because there are no cameras downtown. There are in New York and it looks empty.

ET21

There's a rush hour now in the morning and afternoon but still nothing like pre-Covid. During the height of Covid in March/April it took me only 30 minutes from Des Plaines to the West Loop and vice versa. Now its back up to about an hour however traffic does not last long. Instead of maybe your usual 3-7pm height, its maybe 4-6pm now. Morning rush is maybe 7-9am instead of 6-10am
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Especially with Metra empty. I notice suburb to suburb light on tollways  and arterials. Combo of shop and work remote? Most factory and warehouse jobs are along the tollways  but those all opened in Phase 3 so that's why I assume light traffic is due to office and discretionary shopping changes.

ET21

Oh yeah the tollway is dead compared to a regular rush hour. Maybe some backups with the construction on 294 but even 355 is wide open
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

edwaleni

Until the vaccine is widely available, I wouldn't expect any upticks in commuter traffic until after the holidays.

You might find an Aug 31 article by David Roeder in the Sun Times of interest.He says only 10% of workers are back about 60000. But remote work looks here to stay to a degree though many execs want a downtown presence.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.