News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 10, 2019, 11:44:24 PM
List of projects for the June 14, 2019 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 214 reconstructs and signalizes the intersection of US 12/US 20/95th Street with Museum Drive in Oak Lawn

Signalized railroad crossing coming. But it's a desperately needed outlet from the Metra garage
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7197816,-87.7481014,197m/data=!3m1!1e3
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Revive 755

Apparently there is now a new letting for July 12. Appears to be mostly resurfacing and other maintenance type projects.

Crash_It

Quote from: Revive 755 on June 14, 2019, 11:18:39 PM
Apparently there is now a new letting for July 12. Appears to be mostly resurfacing and other maintenance type projects.

They have a goal as of last year's MYP to bring the percentage of good condition pavement from its current 81% to 92%.That was with previous funding levels, it will probably be closer to 100% now with the impending infrastructure package that was passed.

Revive 755

List of projects for the August 2, 2019 Letting is up.

* Item 12 is for resurfacing ramps at the I-55 interchange with Reed Road (Exit 233), a small amount of resurfacing on mainline I-55 at MP 232.6, and "building two PCC crosssovers."  IMHO if the crossovers are for more long term work with single lane traffic on I-55 and not of the maintenance turn around/law enforcement parking type, IL 47 needs to be widened between Morris and Dwight on a fast tracked schedule.

* Item 40 is a rebid of railroad bridge work over Business 55 for the Springfield relocation of the UP Railroad.

Rick Powell

Quote from: Revive 755 on June 29, 2019, 11:37:46 AM
IL 47 needs to be widened between Morris and Dwight on a fast tracked schedule.

I don't think this section is on IDOT's radar at all. The I-55 interchange is getting some work north of Dwight right now. When I was at IDOT, the feds wanted the Morris bridge and add-lanes project to be extended further south to IL 113, but IDOT was successful in convincing them to approve the logical terminus at Southmor Road instead. Nearly 20 years later, I am not aware of any effort to start a Phase I study from Southmor to Dwight. Current ADT is 10,300 north of IL 113, and 7,000 south of IL 113.

inkyatari

Quote from: Rick Powell on June 30, 2019, 06:52:23 PM
Quote from: Revive 755 on June 29, 2019, 11:37:46 AM
IL 47 needs to be widened between Morris and Dwight on a fast tracked schedule.

I don't think this section is on IDOT's radar at all. The I-55 interchange is getting some work north of Dwight right now. When I was at IDOT, the feds wanted the Morris bridge and add-lanes project to be extended further south to IL 113, but IDOT was successful in convincing them to approve the logical terminus at Southmor Road instead. Nearly 20 years later, I am not aware of any effort to start a Phase I study from Southmor to Dwight. Current ADT is 10,300 north of IL 113, and 7,000 south of IL 113.

I saw somewhere that Grundy County was looking at funding a traffic study for the purpose of widening IL 47. Revive is right, this is a project that needs to be done yesterday.  Counts may not justify it, but it is a major detour route if construction happens on 55 between 80 and Dwight.

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Rick Powell

7 to 10k on a rural 2-lane Highway is definitely in the planning realm of adding lanes, especially north of IL 113.  But the primary hot spots on IL 47 are currently from Huntley to Woodstock (and through Woodstock) as well as between Yorkville and Sugar Grove. The project through Woodstock actually was named in the recent capital bill so it is funded for construction, and the section between Yorkville and Sugar Grove is apparently getting full funding according to recent articles in the local media. IL 47 "full interchange"  rebuild at I-88 now under construction by ISTHA.

Revive 755

List of projects for the September 20, 2019 Letting is up

* Item 4 reconstructions the US 14 intersection with Hart Road west of Barrington

* Item 5 is for landscaping along IL 390

* Item 6 reconstructs the intersection of South Main Street and Crystal Lake Road in Crystal Lake

* Item 44 adds a third lane on I-57 from Mile Marker 66 to south of the Country Club Road Overpass through West Frankfort

* Item 63 reconstructs Weiland Road from Deerfield Road to Aptakisic Road in Lake County

* Item 64 widens Ridge Road "from south of McEvilly Road to Minooka Road in the village of Minooka."

inkyatari

Quote from: Revive 755 on August 16, 2019, 10:46:51 PM

* Item 64 widens Ridge Road "from south of McEvilly Road to Minooka Road in the village of Minooka."

About time they widen the road under that railroad bridge.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

machias

Slight tangent, but does IDOT post sign plan drawings somewhere? If so, can someone provide the link?

zzcarp

Quote from: inkyatari on August 19, 2019, 08:48:33 AM
Quote from: Revive 755 on August 16, 2019, 10:46:51 PM

About time they widen the road under that railroad bridge.

Slightly off topic, and the only reason I know Minooka is that I was pulled over for "driving from Colorado" one Christmas. I had the cruise set at 67 in a 65 and the local cop accused me of driving 72. He then proceeded to ask me a series of questions that culminated if I had any illegal drugs (no was the answer). He finally let me go, but it was a harrowing experience.
So many miles and so many roads

J N Winkler

Quote from: machias on August 19, 2019, 11:08:41 AMSlight tangent, but does IDOT post sign plan drawings somewhere? If so, can someone provide the link?

Sign drawings (layouts, elevations, sign panel details, etc.) are generally part of the construction plans if the contract includes any signing work.  If it does, then the bid item listing will mention sign panels.

Illinois DOT has traditionally used a work order system for pure signing contracts, but is transitioning toward putting sign drawings in construction plans.  Here is an example:

http://apps.dot.illinois.gov/eplan/desenv/110918/067-46473/
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

edwaleni

paulthemapguy

Quote from: machias on August 19, 2019, 11:08:41 AM
Slight tangent, but does IDOT post sign plan drawings somewhere? If so, can someone provide the link?

Go to the link taking you to the list of projects for a particular letting, like this one:
List of projects for the August 2, 2019 Letting is up.
To see plans for a project, click on the project number.  Then look for a link toward the top left called "Plans and Special Provisions."  That should take you to the plans.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Revive 755

List of Projects for the November 2019 Letting is up.

Highlights
* Item 6 appears to be another Circle Interchange contract.

* Item 24 is for repairs to I-74's bridge over the Illinois River

* Item 34 improves the US 24 - US 67 intersection in Rushville and includes the addition of flashing yellow arrows.

* Item 66 reconstructs the IL 47 intersection with Bliss Road in Sugar Grove

* Item 94 is a rebid of the Ridge Road improvements in Minooka

67 and 24 is not that busy. The problem is not turns it's too many cards points so close to that intersection.

adt1982

Quote from: 3467 on October 05, 2019, 11:31:40 AM
67 and 24 is not that busy. The problem is not turns it's too many cards points so close to that intersection.

Cards points?

paulthemapguy

Quote from: 3467 on October 05, 2019, 11:31:40 AM

If you look at the plans, the widening is really just to put in turn lanes.  All four approaches will have left turn lanes, and the northbound approach will have a right turn lane as well.  The new geometrics hopefully allow for trucks to move through the junction more easily.  Also, the signal plans indicate that all four approaches will have flashing yellow arrows; the northbound approach will also have 5-section towers for protected/permitted right turns.  At no place will there be duplicate through lanes.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

It does need better turning for trucks. My wife has an accident with one there. This will be nice. I am not that big a fan of the flashing yellow.

Revive 755

List of projects for the January 17, 2020 Letting is up.

* Item 2 is "intersection improvement, channelization, and traffic signal modernization project on Golf Rd from Overlook Dr to Harms Rd in Morton Grove and Cook County Forest Preserve.

* Item 6 is for intersection improvements at the IL 120/IL 131 intersection, with protected-only lefts for the NB and SB lefts.

* Item 18 is bridge deck work for IL 113 over I-55.

* Item 22 is bridge deck work for IL 62 over the Fox River.

* Item 29 appears to be pavement restoration on I-55 from about the Reed Road to south of the IL 53/Gardner interchanges.  "The project will be staged using crossovers."

* Item 32 is bridge deck replacement for I-180 over the Illinois River, along with pavement work on the approaches.

* Item 39 is bridge repair work to the I-55 bridges over the Mazon River.

* Item 42 is resurfacing on I-39 near IL 116.

* Item 68 replaces the bridges on I-57 over Big Creek near Dongola.

* Item 71 has some retaining wall and pavement work on IL 127 south of Alto Pass, as well as " removal of existing runaround road".

* Item 82 adds a new right turn lane for EB US 12 at the intersection with IL 68.

* Item 127 signalizes the US 12/US 45 intersection with Forest Avenue in Des Plaines.

* Item 128 reconstructs part of Lake Street in Oak Park.

* Item 129 reconstructs part of 151st Street in Orland Park, with a roundabout for the West Avenue intersection.

* Item 132 realigns the St. Louis Street intersection with IL 53 in Elwood.

kphoger

Quote from: Revive 755 on December 06, 2019, 05:44:46 PM
* Item 128 reconstructs part of Lake Street in Oak Park.

"Harlan Avenue"   :pan:

...and #69 thinks the Wolf Creek bridge on Route 148 is south of I-57.  Nope.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Revive 755

List of projects for the March 6, 2020 Letting is up

* Lots of resurfacings and general maintenance type projects

* Item 113:  "Converting the IL 13 and Aurelia Drive intersection into a restricted crossing U-turn (RCUT) intersection"

* Item 171 reconstructs the York Road/Harger Road intersection in Oak Brook.  The pay item listings suggest installation of a new traffic signal.

* Item 179:  "Pavement reconstruction and traffic signal modernization on 75th Street from Lyman Avenue to Exner Road/Williams Street, located in the Village of Downers Grove and the City of Darien"

Joe The Dragon

ilpt4u

Quote from: Revive 755 on January 31, 2020, 11:08:25 PM
List of projects for the March 6, 2020 Letting is up

* Item 113:  "Converting the IL 13 and Aurelia Drive intersection into a restricted crossing U-turn (RCUT) intersection"
I would assume that is similar to the "Michigan Left"  that was installed slightly east of this location, at IL 13 and Norman Rd. Norman Rd and Main St/Old 13 used to cross IL 13 at one location - IDOT broke it up a couple years ago

Michigan Left-style signage for Norman Rd traffic turning onto IL 13: https://goo.gl/maps/eeTp1MZuGX5deXFV8

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.