News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Worst Interstate drive you have experienced

Started by ShawnP, September 02, 2010, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

Quote from: SidS1045 on June 11, 2014, 04:16:33 PMAt this point in my life I don't care what it costs in time or money.

You have the luxury of economic and thus political power.   Not everyone has that.  And not surprisingly, it's the people who lack it that usually have the target on their back.  The cops aren't stupid. 

Avalanchez71

That is the tactic of both the 21st Judicial District Task Force and the Dickson Central Task Force as well.  They operate on the same territory and they even butted heads with each other pulling up on each other's stops and trying to take them over.

vdeane

Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 11, 2014, 01:48:40 PM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on June 10, 2014, 02:14:52 PM
I do remember there being a lot of public surprise at a border checkpoint so far inland, but apparently this is within their hundred mile jurisdiction from the border.

I feel like I'm the only one that has noticed - or is at the very least outraged by - the fact that I've seen border patrol operating in Needles, CA.  you'd really have to fuck with the fabric of spacetime to call that "less than 100 miles from the border".
They might not need to be within 100 miles of the border there.  All they need is for the agricultural checkpoint to radio that a car looks "suspicious" and then they have probable cause.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Jardine

Sorry I can't recall the exact location, but an Interstate segment somewhere in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland or maybe Ohio, anywhere it inclined up or down a mountain, the individual segments of pavement had settled somehow, and were level.  The effect was it was like driving on a staircase.  Relentlessly annoying.  This would have been '92, give or take a few years. I suppose it has been asphalted or repaved by now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.