News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

9 Degrees in Dallas?

Started by roadman65, February 16, 2021, 10:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on February 18, 2021, 03:42:24 PM

Quote from: kphoger on February 18, 2021, 03:19:41 PM

Quote from: webny99 on February 18, 2021, 03:03:37 PM
Forgot what year that was...

... Anyway, I was too lazy to remove what I had already typed in the post when I realized the date was different than what I was replying to.

And now you've spent much longer explaining it than it would have taken to fix. The best kind of irony.  :-P

Yeah, that irony wasn't lost on me as I was typing that reply.  Nor is it lost on me that I'm typing even more now...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Road Hog

The December 2013 storm was pretty historic for everyone outside of Dallas. It shut down some schools till Christmas.

thspfc

Quote from: Road Hog on February 18, 2021, 06:31:53 PM
The December 2013 storm was pretty historic for everyone outside of Dallas. It shut down some schools till Christmas.
I was in Dallas right after that. I remember needing to wear a sweatshirt outside, which I wasn't planning on.

tolbs17

The most intense polar vortex has came. Imagine if you were in northern big cities like St Petersburg Russia, It would be quite similar to that. Or even Pyongyang

Rothman

Quote from: tolbs17 on March 01, 2021, 08:56:44 PM
The most intense polar vortex has came. Imagine if you were in northern big cities like St Petersburg Russia, It would be quite similar to that. Or even Pyongyang
Wut.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

tolbs17

Quote from: Rothman on March 01, 2021, 08:58:28 PM
Wut.
Don't those cities get as cold as what happened in Dallas a few weeks ago? Global warming is fucking up everything.

Rothman

Quote from: tolbs17 on March 01, 2021, 09:01:41 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 01, 2021, 08:58:28 PM
Wut.
Don't those cities get as cold as what happened in Dallas a few weeks ago? Global warming is fucking up everything.
You're spamming the forum.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

For the record, Saint Petersburg got warmer than Dallas both days.

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

D-Dey65

Does anybody remember the 1974 Rankin-Bass Christmas Special "The Year Without a Santa Claus?" One key point is that Mrs. Claus negotiated some deal between the Miser Brothers where Snow Miser would send snow to "Southtown" for a day, while Heat Miser was trying to send heat to the North Pole. Right after that period, I started to notice in real life the south was getting severe winters and the north was getting warm ones.

To me that seemed like a disturbing coincidence. However looking back at history, I realized there were other periods where the south had extreme cold before all of us were born.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.