News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 24, 2023, 07:11:36 PM
I know, that sucks that they got rid of it. And they didn't didn't even transfer it over to I-238 either. BTW, is it possible to make a post count woth decimal? Like 1.4142135, which is the square root of 2, that would be nice.

The scale of the Embarcadero Freeway was nothing compared to what was planned with the Golden Gate Freeway:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2019/03/the-embarcadero-and-history-of.html?m=1

Scott5114

I know, that sucks that they got rid of it. And they didn't didn't even transfer it over to I-238 either. BTW, is it possible to make a post count woth decimal? Like 1.4142135, which is the square root of 2, that would be nice.

No, it just deletes the decimal point. (Probably because it's stored as a MySQL int datatype, and so the underlying database has no way of storing a decimal.)

MultiMillionMiler

I've been meaning to ask what the thresholds are for each status tag, like county, turnpike, interstate..etc, couldn't find any help threads on it.

kkt

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 24, 2023, 06:57:32 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 24, 2023, 03:38:02 PM
Speaking of MMM here, I now recall another troll on here named MrHappy. What happened to him?

Imagine calling someone who posts only .6 times a day and only 60 posts in 2-3 months, a "troll" LOL. Not sure where ya got my 25-30/day number count from.

Being a troll is about quality as much as quantity.

Scott5114

This thread has reached a new low in terms of coherency.

dlsterner

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 24, 2023, 06:40:52 PM
You're probably thinking of Angelo71.  He had a whole pro-Virginia and anti-Gross Californian Vegan thing going on.
Don't forget anti-"Gross Pittsburgh".

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: dlsterner on January 24, 2023, 08:37:05 PM
You're probably thinking of Angelo71.  He had a whole pro-Virginia and anti-Gross Californian Vegan thing going on.

That kind of talk gets places named Virginia annexed as Oblasts of Alanland.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 24, 2023, 08:38:20 PM
Quote from: dlsterner on January 24, 2023, 08:37:05 PM

That kind of talk gets places named Virginia annexed as Oblasts of Alanland.

I swear if this thread turns into Alanland II...

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 19, 2023, 06:58:00 PM

The tenth Grand Alan was Alan Register (J-FX). Register inherited an office in disarray from his scandal-ridden predecessor, Alan Bannister. Bannister had become morose at the failure of his much-vaunted ALANCAN system, and as a result allowed the powers and duties and houseplants of the office to atrophy over the waning years of his term. The election of Register was seen as an all-but-inevitable necessity to bring new life and vitality to the office.

Register is actually quite unusual amongst the Grand Alans, as he is the only one to have served in the Dominant Parliament before taking office as Grand Alan. Most young men bestowed the name of Alan do not participate in the 3.14 Houses of Parliament at all, given that they can simply be elected as Grand Alan more or less whenever. Register, however, served capably and competently as Dominator for a good number of years before seeking the Alancy. Register made the case for his candidacy in that after the divisive Bannister administration, none could truly embody the unity of the 3.14 parliaments without having served as a member of one. He was elected in a landslide under his banner of "He Knows Where The Light Switches Are", which was seen as a much stronger slogan than Bannister's "You Can't Make Me Get Out Of Bed".

Register's first act upon taking office was to order the inside and outside of all federal buildings, bridges, and national parks painted a shade known as "Tasteful Beige". In order to avoid the "pitiful display" of another effortless campaign like Bannister's, the crime of political woosterism was codified, and an amendment to the Alanland Constitution requiring the purchase and wearing of a fish hat while campaigning for public office was enacted. (Initially, the fish hats were required to be Tasteful Beige as well, but this was quickly dropped by act of the Introspective Parliament after nine days, mostly because the Introspective Warbler at the time said beige made his hair look too provocative.)

Register was adamant that he would have the most uneventful administration of any Grand Alan. This extended to the point that he made the rounds in Quindaro Hall, terminating any federal employee that looked like they might be doing something interesting. Nevertheless, some incremental reforms did take place during Register's term of office, like standardizing the ratio of croutons to salad, regulations on fast-drying paint, establishing procedures for the sorting and storage of socks, and establishing the standard six minute, thirty-three second minimum hold time before one is allowed to speak to a customer service representative.

Despite Register's best efforts, and his skill as a negotiator in the Dominant Parliament, one intractable foreign policy issue did rise to the fore during his term. A group of federal fence painters in Porshaped Oblast were alleged by the Nimbyan Government to have carelessly applied some amount of Tasteful Beige paint to a structure on the Nimbyan side of the border. The Nimbyans allege that it was "way the hell too much" paint, while the Alanlanders contend it was only a few drips. The Proctor of Nimbya's stern directive to Quindaro to "Keep that ugly beige shit out of our Nimbya" rankled more than a few feathers among top administration staff. This touched off a protracted period of tensions with the neighboring country. The Register administration was happy to field questions regarding the possibility of military intervention, responding to them with forceful rhetoric like "You asked about that yesterday." This culminated in a speech given by Alan Register himself, best known for the quote, "What makes you think we're at war with Nimbya? That wouldn't be very interesting."

Alan Register was many things, but his story has been mostly forgotten by the populace. It is shame that all but the most weighty tomes of Alanland history gloss over his term of office–it's crucial to the understanding of the modern day situation.

...oh wait, it already is.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

JoePCool14

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Wouldn't that just bleed the problem into other threads?

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 24, 2023, 09:47:13 PM
Wouldn't that just bleed the problem into other threads?

Imagine worrying about that when you are the one who created this thread to begin with LMAO. In fact most of the recently locked threads you started, except the MMM thread where the reason it was locked was never disclosed...oh wait...

hotdogPi

MMM, since you mentioned Angelo71's post count: He deleted most of his posts after a mental breakdown.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

algorerhythms

My crockpot tells me that the square root of 2 doesn't exist. After all, numbers can't just be irrational. That wouldn't make sense.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 24, 2023, 07:14:24 PM

No, it just deletes the decimal point. (Probably because it's stored as a MySQL int datatype, and so the underlying database has no way of storing a decimal.)

What about negative numbers?

jeffandnicole

Do we need to welcome MMM to the forums since his post count is so low?

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 24, 2023, 10:47:23 PM

It rounds up to 0.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 24, 2023, 10:52:23 PM

It rounds up to 0.

Did you give him a very negative post count then?

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1 on January 24, 2023, 10:22:30 PM
MMM, since you mentioned Angelo71's post count: He deleted most of his posts after a mental breakdown.

We'd all go a little mad if we were solely responsible for our home states being forcefully annexed into Alanland. 

Scott5114

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 24, 2023, 10:52:45 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on January 24, 2023, 10:52:23 PM

It rounds up to 0.

Did you give him a very negative post count then?

Not super negative, I just tried —32 since that's a nice round number.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 24, 2023, 10:54:59 PM
We'd all go a little mad if we were solely responsible for our home states being forcefully annexed into Alanland. 

Speak for yourself. I'd probably buy a fish hat, personally.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 24, 2023, 10:55:31 PM
I love this, no one can ever complain about my excessive posting again. Even if Scott resets it to 10,000 no one will ever know the real number now LOL

So you admitted it's excessive. Checkmate.

roadman65

He's going to stick his foot in his mouth sometime.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

cockroachking

I love this, no one can ever complain about my excessive posting again. Even if Scott resets it to 10,000 no one will ever know the real number now LOL
If I click on your profile, go to view posts, and go to the bottom of the last page, I can see the post count. This is an extremely top secret method.

hotdogPi

Quote from: cockroachking on January 24, 2023, 11:53:54 PM
If I click on your profile, go to view posts, and go to the bottom of the last page, I can see the post count. This is an extremely top secret method.

Threads that got moved to admin-only (which happens a lot more than outright deletion on this forum) are still included in the number but not shown there unless you're an admin.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Scott5114

Quote from: 1 on January 25, 2023, 05:25:10 AM
Quote from: cockroachking on January 24, 2023, 11:53:54 PM

Threads that got moved to admin-only (which happens a lot more than outright deletion on this forum) are still included in the number but not shown there unless you're an admin.

Each board actually has a "Count posts" switch that indicates whether posts in that board count or not. The admin-only boards have this switch off. I believe this means that it deducts from the post count when posts are moved there from boards that do count. (ETA: Just tested; it does in fact deduct the posts.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.