News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Merge of threads?

Started by cpzilliacus, November 02, 2016, 08:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

There are a few threads in the transit  forum that could be merged into one.  Is that possible?

The "surviving" thread would be MTA-Maryland services.

The threads to be merged-in could include these:

Proposed Purple and Red Lines in Maryland
New BaltimoreLink Transit System
Md.: Big MARC fare hikes cause riders to press Hogan for hearings

Comments and questions welcome.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

gonealookin

I don't know about this SMF software but I do help with admin on a phpBB forum.  We could certainly merge threads over there.  Sometimes you have an interesting contributor who doesn't quite "get" the forum setup.  So you could merge a bunch of random threads into "ACSCmapcollector's random thoughts about California highways", just as an example, and have one elongated thread rather than 25 separate ones.

rickmastfan67

Yes, we can merge threads here with no problems.  Best way to do this most of the time is to contact one of us Admins. :)

EDIT: It's now done with the new topic name. ;)  All original posts (sans the first) have kept their original subjects.

Alps

Quote from: gonealookin on November 03, 2016, 03:52:57 AM
So you could merge a bunch of random threads into "ACSCmapcollector's random thoughts about California highways", just as an example, and have one elongated thread rather than 25 separate ones.
Can we please do this?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Alps on November 03, 2016, 10:30:37 PM
Quote from: gonealookin on November 03, 2016, 03:52:57 AM
So you could merge a bunch of random threads into "ACSCmapcollector's random thoughts about California highways", just as an example, and have one elongated thread rather than 25 separate ones.
Can we please do this?

Pretty much killed all the activity on the Pacific Southwest Board after people figured out those threads were going nowhere.  Now he's on the International Highways Board doing the same thing.  I think that he's up to three at this point with Russia, Israel, and now London?  Might be nice to get all those condensed into something like "Musings of a Map Collector" or something to clear the field down to relevant topics.

compdude787

I agree with merging the ACSCmapcollector threads.

GaryV

Alps

noelbotevera

what about that 10 year old dzlsabe kid
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 07, 2016, 05:41:42 PM

I doubt he's 10 considering his screen name is in reference to a Saab repair shop in Chicago.  And to add on top of that at minimum at least his posts are in coherent English unlike ASACmapcollector. 

Anyways here is the link to the site in question:

http://dzlsabe.com/blank.html

I guess he's spending his time doing Jerry Seinfeld proud and trolling people who disagree with his Chicago ideas. 

Another one I've heard similar calls for in regards to thread merging is FritzOwl.  He basically repeats the same topics a lot and ignores most people in regards to a nationwide thread.  The difference again with Fritz is that as absurd as his threads might get they actually contain a real topic.  ASAC just spit balls trash topics out there with no question, facts, only some vague commentary that is difficult to discern. 

noelbotevera

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 07, 2016, 05:49:55 PM

I doubt he's 10 considering his screen name is in reference to a Saab repair shop in Chicago.  And to add on top of that at minimum at least his posts are in coherent English unlike ASACmapcollector. 

I guess he's spending his time doing Jerry Seinfeld proud and trolling people who disagree with his Chicago ideas.
Still though, his website looks like a 10 year old made it.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 07, 2016, 06:09:06 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 07, 2016, 05:49:55 PM

Still though, his website looks like a 10 year old made it.

I would speculate it's from a different era of the net. Lol  Besides you really don't have a lot of choices if you pick a weird obscure car like a Sabb.  I'm fairly certain GM dealers will only help you to a certain extent with GM sourced parts these days, Saab stuff maybe not so much.  Fritz had some sort of IT website that he was linking his older photos from that was early 2000s. 

dzlsabe

ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

ET21

Quote from: dzlsabe on December 07, 2016, 12:28:15 AM
Obscure? More so everyday. In most zip codes.
Heres some shots I am sure will warm even you, Max. Saab, the only GM cars (almost) never recalled? OK, Takata airbags and seat belts. :rofl: This is a better page www.dzlsabe.com

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hastings,+NY+13076/@43.3784943,-76.1502777,154m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d9c65d1fadfc1d:0x173ed25700ea9d16!8m2!3d43.3739582!4d-76.1524252

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hastings,+NY+13076/@43.3759327,-76.1491749,154m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d9c65d1fadfc1d:0x173ed25700ea9d16!8m2!3d43.3739582!4d-76.1524252

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hastings,+NY+13076/@43.3702046,-76.1492193,154m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d9c65d1fadfc1d:0x173ed25700ea9d16!8m2!3d43.3739582!4d-76.1524252

You want to merge my locked threads? Bless your heart. Delete 95% of the BS though.

Let's merge all your bullshit I mean ideas then, one thread where you can scream about your hypo idea till your hearts content without hijacking multiple threads in different sections and throwing them off topic. It was done with Owl's maps and it has worked nicely
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

dzlsabe

You want to merge ALL my BS ideas into one thread?

1) Hypo (half my idea, south part of Crosstown xway just needs realignment, a shorter, more direct path and way less destruction)
2) MDW runway extension
3) Mid City CTA Transitway between MDW and JeffPark (not my idea) and eventually to a Harlem corridor and Evanston.
4) Blue Line CTA express trains from ORD to downtown
5) Crossover at Deval to enable downtown to ORD to Madison to MSP trains in five hours, instead of NINE.
6) BRT Brown Line from Kimball to JeffPark.
7) Edens Spur actually connecting to the TriState completely

OK? Better clear it with the admins.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

ET21

I'm sure they'll be happy to comply
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Alps

Quote from: dzlsabe on December 08, 2016, 11:43:11 PM
You want to merge ALL my BS ideas into one thread?

1) Hypo (half my idea, south part of Crosstown xway just needs realignment, a shorter, more direct path and way less destruction)
2) MDW runway extension
3) Mid City CTA Transitway between MDW and JeffPark (not my idea) and eventually to a Harlem corridor and Evanston.
4) Blue Line CTA express trains from ORD to downtown
5) Crossover at Deval to enable downtown to ORD to Madison to MSP trains in five hours, instead of NINE.
6) BRT Brown Line from Kimball to JeffPark.
7) Edens Spur actually connecting to the TriState completely

OK? Better clear it with the admins.
I'll second it. It's all Chicago related, may as well all be together.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.