News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

RIP Chopper

Started by ce929wax, July 03, 2018, 02:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ce929wax

Yesterday we had to put our 105 lb Boxer/Mastiff mix down because he had cancer.  He didn't want to go and had to be given a sedative to calm him down.  I miss the poor dog.

abefroman329

:(

Our German shepherd/collie mix is 11 and getting grayer by the day.  She also has arthritis and Addison's disease.  It's a blessing that she'll get to meet our son (who was due on Sunday) and every day after that will be a blessing as well.

ce929wax

I'm glad that your dog is going to meet your son.  My Mom was more upset than I was, I see these things as the circle of life, but still, grief is sometimes difficult to deal with.  I take solace in the fact that I still have my cat and she is still a kitten, so she will be with me a long time.

slorydn1

I am sorry about your dog.

At least Chopper is waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

It's strange-I feel more moved by the death of dogs than I do people sometimes. I guess my line of work has made me a real hard-ass when it comes to dealing with people and what happens to them. But the death of a pet will cause me to be useless for several days afterwards.

My dog Bentley is now 7 years old and I couldn't imagine life without him. I hope that he makes it to my retirement in about 8 more years (fingers crossed).
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

vdeane

Quote from: slorydn1 on July 04, 2018, 01:18:59 AM
Canada?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: ce929wax on July 03, 2018, 02:58:00 PM
Yesterday we had to put our 105 lb Boxer/Mastiff mix down because he had cancer.  He didn't want to go and had to be given a sedative to calm him down.  I miss the poor dog.

It's hard to put into context, but I find it harder to say goodbye to my pets than I do people.  I see friends and others I know occasionally.   I see my dogs every day.

My deepest condolences to you.

sparker

Four years ago our 12-year-old mixed tabby Princess suffered a stroke; she died in the car on the way to the vet's.  One special cat -- she'd get up on her hind legs to greet you with a waved paw!  Just loved people (rodents, not so much -- she made short work of those!).  Still have our 11-year-old female Siberian husky who is, like most of her breed, stubborn and food-oriented!  Normally stays on the floor, but jumped up on the bed yesterday evening when some local assholes set off (illegal) M-80's out in the street.  But she's healthy and still has a lot of energy -- just got shorn for the hot summer months.  She and the cat got along fine and actually played together in the yard on occasion.

My sincere condolences -- regardless of the circumstances, it's never easy to lose a beloved companion!

ce929wax

Sophie, my 10 month old Maine Coon kitten, was downstairs with me the entire night when they were shooting off fireworks.  I'm not sure if she was scared or not because she is always in the basement with me at night.

webny99

Quote from: vdeane on July 05, 2018, 01:10:23 PM
Canada?

My thought exactly. Well played!  :clap:

kkt

Quote from: vdeane on July 05, 2018, 01:10:23 PM
Canada?

:nod:

Or Utah?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.