Google Maps just fucking SUCKS now

Started by agentsteel53, February 26, 2014, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anyone else having an insane amount of trouble with the new Google Maps?

instant browser crash
10 (3.5%)
loads fine, then crashes the browser when attempting to do anything at all
23 (8%)
not quite terrible, but still worse
127 (44.4%)
I am indifferent
63 (22%)
I actually like the new Google Maps
63 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 286

pderocco

Quote from: Rothman on March 07, 2024, 01:04:14 PM
Quote from: pderocco on March 06, 2024, 11:23:58 PM
Perhaps storage space can be an issue in the camera, but I doubt on the servers. But I suppose in a car, it could be connected to a box of M.2 drives.

When I see lousy imagery of a nice place, I find myself wishing they'd send me to photograph it. Personally, I'd love to drive a GSV car around in the mountains, or in quaint towns, or charming cities, or anyplace beautiful, as long as they paid all my expenses. That would be like a free vacation. But I suspect there is a huge surplus of people who'd like to do that. Driving around grimy industrial areas, boring suburbs, slums, endless farm roads in the Great Plains, not so much.

"I'll drive your camera car, but only where others want to, too, rather than where you decide to send me."

For me, it's just an idle fantasy. I'm not exactly looking for a job.

CtrlAltDel

An interesting thing happened to me just a moment ago, when the distances and endpoints remained on the screen after I cleared a measurement.

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Rothman

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on March 09, 2024, 12:56:52 AM
An interesting thing happened to me just a moment ago, when the distances and endpoints remained on the screen after I cleared a measurement.

That happened to me yesterday.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

vdeane

I think Google just put in place some anti-adblocking tech on Google Maps.  I've noticed the past couple days I've had to downgrade my browser's blocking to "block trackers" from "block trackers and ads" in order to get business information to display when I click on one; the column was all black if I didn't.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Rothman

Google says to get to Orient Point on Long Island from central NY, one should take the Cross Sound Ferry to save five minutes over taking a NYC bridge.

Something tells me it isn't taking the ferry schedule into account correctly...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hotdogPi

I've noticed this for a few weeks now.

If the Transit layer is on, the measure tool won't allow dragging or removing points; attempting to do either creates a new point.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

bm7

Quote from: 1 on March 15, 2024, 09:03:27 AM
I've noticed this for a few weeks now.

If the Transit layer is on, the measure tool won't allow dragging or removing points; attempting to do either creates a new point.

This has been happening to me too, but I never use the transit layer.

Molandfreak

Just noticed that Google has marked the truck route for SD-37 in Huron, SD as US-37 BYP.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

jlam

Quote from: jlam on February 17, 2024, 12:55:38 AMOnly Pegman doesn't work. I can still enter GSV using the double-click "What's Here?" method, but that only works with Google-mandated imagery. The panorama shots, photo trails, and other user-submitted imagery don't do anything when I try entering it. I could switch to Edge for my Google Maps activity, but that doesn't sit right.

GSV on Chrome finally started working as intended for me today. I can finally delete Edge.

epzik8

Quote from: Molandfreak on March 28, 2024, 12:58:53 PMJust noticed that Google has marked the truck route for SD-37 in Huron, SD as US-37 BYP.

The same is the case for US 40 Truck in Baltimore, minus the incorrect tier of highway.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

LilianaUwU

Quote from: jlam on April 09, 2024, 01:12:38 PMGSV on Chrome finally started working as intended for me today. I can finally delete Edge.
They're the exact same thing. It's as if you were saying you were switching from Genesis to Mega Drive.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

epzik8

Quote from: jlam on April 09, 2024, 01:12:38 PMGSV on Chrome finally started working as intended for me today. I can finally delete Edge.

I've never liked Edge. Worse product than Google Maps will ever be.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

pderocco

Quote from: epzik8 on April 13, 2024, 06:59:51 PM

I've never liked Edge. Worse product than Google Maps will ever be.
Since Edge is a different UI on top of the Chrome engine, I would expect they'd render web pages the same.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.