Will an ever increasing budget surplus have an impact on national infrastructure

Started by ARMOURERERIC, March 12, 2014, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARMOURERERIC

I keep reading that Canada keeps reporting an ever increasing budget surplus.  Do you see that impacting infrastructure improvements in the near future?

Alps

There are SO many projects going on right now, from Vancouver (BC 17) to Edmonton and Calgary (finishing the loops), to Ontario (completing 12-lane 401 in Toronto, 400 extension, EC Row extension), to Quebec (besides the toll-funded A-25 and A-30, look at completion of A-35, A-5, and A-50, and now the Turcot reconstruction), and even in Newfoundland (3A extension to 3). I think we already have the answer.

vdeane

The question is: will Harper use it on infrastructure, or campaign ads?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dr Frankenstein

I have a better idea: Revert some of the massive cuts they've been making to achieve that, especially with crown corporations. And stop giving so much to the very profitable oil industry.

Quote from: vdeane on March 12, 2014, 11:28:30 PM
The question is: will Harper use it on infrastructure, or campaign ads?
Those aren't even campaign ads. They're just ads they're running while in office. "Look at how much your (conservative) government is helping our economy! *Pending parlimentary approval."

getemngo

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on March 13, 2014, 04:12:46 PM
I have a better idea: Revert some of the massive cuts they've been making to achieve that, especially with crown corporations. And stop giving so much to the very profitable oil industry.

Restore all that research money and reopen the science libraries while they're at it, too!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
~ Sam from Michigan

Dr Frankenstein

Quote from: getemngo on March 19, 2014, 12:40:06 PMRestore all that research money and reopen the science libraries while they're at it, too!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This.

gpjedge

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on March 20, 2014, 10:01:38 AM
Quote from: getemngo on March 19, 2014, 12:40:06 PMRestore all that research money and reopen the science libraries while they're at it, too!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This.

What?  No, promoting barely-existing Economic Action Plans and bashing Justin Trudeau is far more important than "science," or "knowledge," or "human progress."
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.