AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: All About Tolls (Toll Roads, Toll Bridges/Tunnels, etc)  (Read 4086 times)

jp the roadgeek

• Last Login: Today at 07:11:46 PM
Re: All About Tolls (Toll Roads, Toll Bridges/Tunnels, etc)
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »

I went to the Starbucks and received 3 brand new Connecticut quarters in my change. Since I had never seen these before I examined them closely. I put the 3 Connecticut quarters in the coin counter on the city bus and it failed to count them. There was no refund slot. I called several companies that make coin counters and they told me they were indeed having problems with the new quarters and also the new nickel and dollar coins. If you believe a coin counter is defective you have the right to have that coin counter seized as evidence.

Quite symbolic, considering how the state of Connecticut has been stealing its citizens money by nickel and diming them to death with new taxes and wasting it on porkbarrel projects  :sombrero: And that doesn't include a proposal to toll almost all of its major roadways.  But I digress...
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.