News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Quote from: ilpt4u on February 01, 2020, 11:00:04 AM
Quote from: Revive 755 on January 31, 2020, 11:08:25 PM
List of projects for the March 6, 2020 Letting is up

* Item 113:  "Converting the IL 13 and Aurelia Drive intersection into a restricted crossing U-turn (RCUT) intersection"
I would assume that is similar to the "Michigan Left"  that was installed slightly east of this location, at IL 13 and Norman Rd. Norman Rd and Main St/Old 13 used to cross IL 13 at one location - IDOT broke it up a couple years ago

Michigan Left-style signage for Norman Rd traffic turning onto IL 13: https://goo.gl/maps/eeTp1MZuGX5deXFV8

This is what should be done to IL-59.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Revive 755

List of projects for the April 24, 2020 Letting is up

Highlights
* Item 1 is ITS work and LED lighting near the Circle Interchange.

* Item 20:  "Permanent protective shield installation on IL 53 bridges over IL 62, US 14 and RR, Palatine Rd, Kirchoff Rd, Anderson Dr, as well as Fulton Market St bridge over I-90/I-94."

* Item 22 includes pavement patching "on I-55 from S of I-80 to S of Weber Rd."

* Item 23 Appears to have replacement the light towers at the IL 31 interchange with US 14 with lower height LED lighting.

* Item 45:  "Ramp metering along the entrance ramp from Fayette St to Eastbound I-74 in Peoria."  First ramp meter outside Chicagoland in Illinois, and maybe making Peoria a candidate for the smallest city with a ramp meter?

* Item 91:  "Installing retroreflective backplates on traffic signals along IL 149 and IL 13 from 20th Street in Murphysboro to US 45 in Harrisburg."

* Item 115:  "Replacement of traffic signal mast arms at various locations in Peoria and Tazewell Counties."

* Item 127:  "Traffic Signal modernization and Traffic Signal Retroreflective Backplate Installation at various locations in the City of Joliet."

* Item 167:  On US 20 somewhere in McHenry County:  "Pavement widening, pavement reconstruction, construction of a turnabout, curb and gutter, sidewalk, proposed drainage. replacement of a box culvert with three box culverts and two retaining walls."

* Item 169:  "Construction and widening the Kennedy mainline Expwy NB from Roosevelt Rd. to Lake/Madison Sts,"

* Item 170:  "Construction and wideing the Kennedy mainline Expwy SB from Lake/Madison St. to Roosevelt Rd"

* Item 173  has intersection improvements for the US 6 intersection with Gougar Road in Will County.

* Item 186 is more work on Longmeadow Parkway between IL 25 and the Fox River Bridge.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Revive 755 on March 20, 2020, 11:01:40 PM

I know some people in the Illinois Notes thread will be very very pleased about this!

* Item 173  has intersection improvements for the US 6 intersection with Gougar Road in Will County.

This 4-way stop can back up for eons, especially the westbound approach.  This intersection really does need a signal.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Crash_It

* Item 169:  "Construction and widening the Kennedy mainline Expwy NB from Roosevelt Rd. to Lake/Madison Sts,"

* Item 170:  "Construction and wideing the Kennedy mainline Expwy SB from Lake/Madison St. to Roosevelt Rd"

Good to see that this is finally in the pipeline this year. Usually a PITA to drive through there, not only because of the congestion but the pavement isn't in the best condition either.
Quote from: paulthemapguy on March 24, 2020, 11:39:44 PM

I know some people in the Illinois Notes thread will be very very pleased about this!

It's not really that bad through there, I'd say I-57 through Roseland, Pullman and Morgan Park is worse.

Gov said today all construction public and private can continue. I assume it's because it's mostly outside and they can distance.
The microsurface  on 67 south of Roseville . It's between Roseville and Monmouth that needs it.
Also widening through Hubbard's cave ?

inkyatari

Quote from: Crash_It on March 29, 2020, 02:26:58 PM

It's not really that bad through there...

Are you kidding?  I used to drive that stretch every day.  As soon as it was three-laned, the pavement started deteriorating almost immediately.  I was just through that section yesterday, and it was deplorable.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Crash_It

Quote from: inkyatari on March 29, 2020, 06:14:30 PM

Are you kidding?  I used to drive that stretch every day.  As soon as it was three-laned, the pavement started deteriorating almost immediately.  I was just through that section yesterday, and it was deplorable.

I was through there on 3/7-3/8 and it didn't seem too bad then. I57 from 111th to Calsag and I90 from IL 43 to 90/94 is definitely worse but resurfacing is coming to that section this year

JoePCool14

Quote from: 3467 on March 29, 2020, 05:26:52 PM
Gov said today all construction public and private can continue. I assume it's because it's mostly outside and they can distance.

That's good to hear. They should continue considering that it's easier for construction to continue in areas that might normallly have high traffic volumes. Provided they take necessary precautions, of course.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

ET21

Quote from: Crash_It on March 30, 2020, 12:22:17 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on March 29, 2020, 06:14:30 PM

It's terrible, did you not see all the potholes in between the lanes?

I was through there on 3/7-3/8 and it didn't seem too bad then. I57 from 111th to Calsag and I90 from IL 43 to 90/94 is definitely worse but resurfacing is coming to that section this year

It's terrible at the moment, potholes in the middle of the lanes. Hitting those at 65-75 mph are extremely cringe

EDIT: My comment for some reason never popped up on the initial post
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

edwaleni

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WAND) - The Illinois Commerce Commission's budget for Crossing Safety Improvements includes the 10th Street corridor's Springfield Rail Improvements Project.

The $33 million will go towards funding new underpasses along the project. Those projects are below:

Madison Street: $11 million
Jefferson Street: $11 million
North Grand Avenue: $11 million
The project along 10th street will allow the relocation of the Union Pacific Railroad (Amtrak) tracks from Third Street to 10th Street. It will also construct new underpasses at key locations in Springfield.

When it is finished it should reduce rail crossing accidents by 80 percent and reduce vehicle delays at crossings by 70 percent. It will also reduce noise.

"The City of Springfield and Sangamon County are grateful for the ICC's continued support,"  stated Springfield Mayor Jim Langfelder. "Our city along with communities across Illinois and this country are facing incredible challenges. This commitment allows us to continue our progress, not only moving trains from Third Street to 10th Street by 2025, but also securing the long awaited Quiet Zone along the Third Street corridor."

Revive 755

Based on Item 139 on April 2020 Letting, it looks like District 7 can be added to the flashing yellow arrow list, with a few being installed on US 36 in the Decatur area.

Revive 755

List of projects for the June 12, 2020 Letting is up.  There's also a note on the site where previous lettings can be selected indicating some projects may be pulled or changed due to revenue issues.

Highlights

* Item 6 has the installation of 1,419 "snow-proof lens cover for red signal indications" in Lake County

* Item 35 adds two permanent crossovers to I-57 in Kankakee County

* Item 74:  "Patching on IL 72 from US 67 to the Sangamon County line".  The page with more details has I-72 instead of IL 72.

* Item 103 has intersection improvements on IL 13 in Jackson County

* Item 115:  "Intersection re-alignment of Joliet Road at 55th Street in the village of McCook, in Lyons Township, in Cook County."

* Item 172 has "at the intersection of IL 70 at Springfield Ave" in Winnebago County with "flashing yellow left turn signals"

* Item 212 involves a short extension of Anderson Road in Kane County from Keslinger Road to Freedom Road

* Item 213 has pavement reconstruction on IL 62 in Schaumburg

ilpt4u

Item 103 on IL 13 in Jackson County: "Intersection improvements, pavement widening, HMA resurfacing and a multi-use path on IL 13 from just east of Veterans Parkway to the Williamson County line."

I live in Carbondale and travel plenty on Rt 13. I have no idea what or where Veterans Parkway is.

Based on the description and the other end being the Williamson County Line, I wonder if this is extending the 6 lane widening from the current project's eastern end from Reed Station Rd all the way to the Williamson County Line

I haven't heard any news about Reed Station Rd being renamed Veterans Pkwy. Marion/Williamson County Airport was renamed Veterans Airport of Southern IL a few years back

kphoger

Quote from: ilpt4u on May 09, 2020, 11:01:33 AM
Item 103 on IL 13 in Jackson County: "Intersection improvements, pavement widening, HMA resurfacing and a multi-use path on IL 13 from just east of Veterans Parkway to the Williamson County line."

I live in Carbondale and travel plenty on Rt 13. I have no idea what or where Veterans Parkway is.

Based on the description and the other end being the Williamson County Line, I wonder if this is extending the 6 lane widening from the current project's eastern end from Reed Station Rd all the way to the Williamson County Line

I haven't heard any news about Reed Station Rd being renamed Veterans Pkwy. Marion/Williamson County Airport was renamed Veterans Airport of Southern IL a few years back

It took me a while, but I finally found Veterans Parkway!

Here is a GSV shot of the street sign, and below is the ordinance establishing the name.

Quote from: Appendix F, Streets and Sidewalks
Ord. 2010-39

An ordinance naming the new roadway that connects Reed Station Parkway to Illinois Route 13, Veterans Parkway.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

ilpt4u

Quote from: kphoger on May 09, 2020, 03:15:11 PM

It took me a while, but I finally found Veterans Parkway!

Here is a GSV shot of the street sign, and below is the ordinance establishing the name.

Quote from: Appendix F, Streets and Sidewalks
Ord. 2010-39

An ordinance naming the new roadway that connects Reed Station Parkway to Illinois Route 13, Veterans Parkway.
Wow. I had no idea that was even a signed road. I thought it was just a RIRO ramp to/from the the Hotels and Golden Corral and IL 13 WB...One that I have used countless times

kphoger

I immediately thought for sure I knew Veterans Boulevard, but it turns out I was actually thinking of Veterans Memorial Drive in Mount Vernon.  As it happens, I've never once been on Veterans Boulevard, because I moved away from the area before it existed.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Revive 755

List of projects for the July 31, 2020 Letting is up.

* Item 42:  "Demolition of 2 houses and five buildings on 3 parcels and debris removal from 2 parcels along the proposed US 67 corridor" in Jersey County.

* Item 48 has "flashing left turn arrows" on IL 15 in Mount Vernon.  Assuming these are flashing yellow arrows it may be the first installation in District 9.

* Item 75:  "2.4 miles of grading, drainage and paving on new alignment on US 67 for the New Delhi Bypass."

Brandon

^^ I believe Mount Vernon is D8, not D9, IIRC.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

ilpt4u

Quote from: Brandon on June 26, 2020, 11:03:44 PM
Mt Vernon is in Jefferson County, which is the northernmost county in D9

If Mt Vernon is getting the FYA, it would be the first FYA setup I've seen down here in D9

Brandon

Quote from: ilpt4u on June 27, 2020, 07:19:34 AM
Quote from: Brandon on June 26, 2020, 11:03:44 PM
Mt Vernon is in Jefferson County, which is the northernmost county in D9

If Mt Vernon is getting the FYA, it would be the first FYA setup I've seen down here in D9

Sorry, I was thinking of Marion County.

hobsini2

Interesting note from that July list...
- US 52 in Kendall County between Ridge Rd and Route 47 shoulder widening.
Could this be a possible a precursor of making 52 a 4 lane road or a resurface project?
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

ChiMilNet

Quote from: hobsini2 on June 27, 2020, 12:31:01 PM
Could this be a possible a precursor of making 52 a 4 lane road or a resurface project?
I am not familiar with 52 right over there, is it asphalt or concrete in that section? Interesting that they would do only that on the shoulder and not resurface that, at least not typical of IDOT. That said, I would figure the higher priority over there would be to finish the 4 lane on 47 at least between Yorkville and Caton Farm Rd, and then eventually 4 lane all the way to I-88.

hobsini2

Quote from: ChiMilNet on June 27, 2020, 05:12:41 PM
I am not familiar with 52 right over there, is it asphalt or concrete in that section? Interesting that they would do only that on the shoulder and not resurface that, at least not typical of IDOT. That said, I would figure the higher priority over there would be to finish the 4 lane on 47 at least between Yorkville and Caton Farm Rd, and then eventually 4 lane all the way to I-88.
52's pavement is in good shape. But there have been pushes west by both Joliet and Shorewood. Joliet now comes out to Ridge and Caton Farm. But yes, priority is to 4 lane the remain bit of 47 between I-80 and I-88.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Revive 755

The US 52 shoulder widening looks more like a safety project than a prelude to a future widening, particularly with "HSIP" (Highway Safety Improvement Program) being in the federal project number.

paulthemapguy

I would say no.  IDOT wouldn't spend money to build a shoulder just to then spend more money to rip it out in a widening project.  That would be a misuse of funds.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.