News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Email Notifcations Not Working

Started by Amaury, March 08, 2023, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaury

The last email notification I received was for a reply to the California speed limit thread on February 22 at 8:14 AM my time. Ever since then, I have not received any notification emails. My notification settings have not changed. I waited a while to post about this partly because I figured it was a hiccup that would fix itself and partly because I sort of forgot about it.

Anyone else having issues? It's not a huge deal, but at the same time, I enabled the notification settings for a reason.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Roadgeekteen

It does appear that forum email notifications tend to be spotty at times.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 08, 2023, 05:55:17 PM

What issues have you had with them?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 08, 2023, 06:01:52 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 08, 2023, 05:55:17 PM

What issues have you had with them?
It's not a big enough deal to complain about them. They do work 99% of the time. Sometimes they don't come up right away. They are reliable but I wouldn't depend on them if my life was on the line.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

davewiecking

I have an alert set for the Wordle thread, and believe it works properly.

Amaury

I don't know if it was just a coincidence after posting this thread, but I've started receiving email notifications again as of 8:35 AM today.
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Amaury on March 09, 2023, 03:48:13 PM
I don't know if it was just a coincidence after posting this thread, but I've started receiving email notifications again as of 8:35 AM today.

Maybe your ISP just wanted to eat the emails for breakfast.  :-D

US 89

I've noticed emails from this forum are few and far between and almost always get dumped in spam.

LilianaUwU

...people get email notifications here?
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

hbelkins

The only emails I get from this forum are when I have a private message.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Amaury

So, I somehow completely missed this. Between when emails "stopped working" the morning of February 22 and when they "staring working again" yesterday morning, I have almost 1,800 emails from here in my junk mail folder. Why they randomly started going to junk and then randomly stopped is beyond me.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.