News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Three-word story

Started by kphoger, March 21, 2019, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

I don't think this has been done on the forum yet...

The basic premise is that we'll all write a story together, three words at a time.  I'll post three words to start things off, and then the next person will post three words of his or her choosing, and so on.  I'm sure we'll keep bringing up road-related topics along the way, but feel free to let the story go wherever–keeping in mind the forum guidelines, of course.

RULES

1.  Post three words only–nothing more, nothing less.  Don't add any commentary, don't explain yourself.

2.  Don't quote the previous post as part of yours, because that's just silly.

3.  Your three words must be able to keep the flow of a sentence going.   (Example:  "cleaning the bathroom" cannot follow "I parked alongside" because that just makes no sense at all.)

4.  What counts as a word?
a.  Hyphenated words (such as "mother-in-law") count as one word.
b.  Compounds that are not hyphenated (such as "high school") count as multiple words.
c.  Numbers (such as "167") count as one word when written thusly, but multiple words if spelled out (such as "six thousand").
d.  Initials count as words (for example, "U. S. A." counts as three words, although "hbelkins" only counts as one).

5.  English only, unless obviously appropriate.

TIPS

1.  Read the last several posts–not just the last one or two–before choosing your words, or else it won't make much sense.

2.  Don't be afraid to end your post with a comma or a period, or else we'll just end up with a huge run-on sentence.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Big John

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

tchafe1978

Max Rockatansky

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Scott5114

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

US 89

Big John

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Scott5114

webny99

Scott5114

Big John

Scott5114

webny99

Takumi

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Mapmikey

Suffolk's suffix needs.

Takumi

VDOT ceded maintenance

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.