News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Far SW Chicago burbs checking in...

Started by inkyatari, June 09, 2016, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

This conversation is a bit surreal to me.  I remember, growing up in New Lenox, going for drives with my dad out into farm country; Laraway Road was still gravel.  And I'm only 34 years old.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

inkyatari

Quote from: kphoger on June 23, 2016, 09:49:53 AM
This conversation is a bit surreal to me.  I remember, growing up in New Lenox, going for drives with my dad out into farm country; Laraway Road was still gravel.  And I'm only 34 years old.

I'm 47, and I remembger when Essington Rd. in Joliet was a 1 lane gravel road.

The old Essington Rd bridge over the Rock Run is actually still just off Essington, behind a bank just north east of the corner of Essington and Black Rd.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Desert Man

In the expanding suburban sprawl of western Chicagoland, they need more business parks, arts & entertainment, and major league sports (Aurora, IL's 2nd largest city is 30-35 miles W of Chicago, similar position like Newark and Jersey City, NJ; Long Beach and Anaheim in So CA, and Oakland and San Jose in No CA). The DC- Baltimore-NoVa region is an example of a megalopolis with more than one urban center, due to Washington (DC) is the nation's capital.

Anyways, welcome to AARoads, the place for road geeks (like you and me).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.