News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Wekiva Parkway (SR 429)

Started by Alex, August 01, 2014, 08:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Lakes Roads

The final segment of the Wekiva Parkway (SR 429) opens tonight into Saturday morning! That means you can do a full loop around Orlando via SR 417 and SR 429!

NJRoadfan

The southbound side has been open for over a year now.

The Ghostbuster

Has anyone driven on the new segment of FL 429 yet?

ElishaGOtis

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on January 28, 2024, 10:37:58 PM

Yes, and it's quite impressive with the ramp configurations. The confusing exit numbers for the transition from 429 to 417 were resolved, eliminating the two exit 54s back-to-back [exit numbers are being changed again]. They even pre-positioned stub ramps for the future direction connection to the express lanes. Probably one of the best project's I've seen from FDOT, up there with I-4 Ultimate imho. :biggrin:

HOWEVER, the speed limits need to be adjusted... looks like they forgot to take down a bunch of the construction limit signs...
When there are Teslas, there are Toll Roads

Henry

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on January 27, 2024, 12:01:40 AM
The final segment of the Wekiva Parkway (SR 429) opens tonight into Saturday morning! That means you can do a full loop around Orlando via SR 417 and SR 429!
Well, that's only half-true. As of right now, FL 417 and FL 429 do connect to each other on the north end of the loop, but you still need to travel 2 miles on I-4 to connect to the southern ends of their respective routes.

Quote from: ElishaGOtis on January 28, 2024, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on January 28, 2024, 10:37:58 PM

Yes, and it's quite impressive with the ramp configurations. The confusing exit numbers for the transition from 429 to 417 were resolved, eliminating the two exit 54s back-to-back [exit numbers are being changed again]. They even pre-positioned stub ramps for the future direction connection to the express lanes. Probably one of the best project's I've seen from FDOT, up there with I-4 Ultimate imho. :biggrin:

HOWEVER, the speed limits need to be adjusted... looks like they forgot to take down a bunch of the construction limit signs...
Looks like a must-drive road in the Orlando area. I'll be sure to check out that and I-4 Ultimate if I ever make it down there.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.