News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Alex Trebek diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Started by LM117, March 06, 2019, 06:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM117

Well, this came out of left field. :no:

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

MNHighwayMan

That's not good, at all. Pancreatic cancer is about the worst cancer you can get, and as morbid as it is to say, he's probably not making it out of 2019. X-(

bulldog1979

My great uncle and his brother-in-law were both diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer around the same time in the 1990s, and both were given 6 months to live. The brother-in-law gave up and was dead in 4.5 months. My great uncle decided to fight it and lived another 3.5 years.

US71

Quote from: bulldog1979 on March 06, 2019, 07:06:31 PM
My great uncle and his brother-in-law were both diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer around the same time in the 1990s, and both were given 6 months to live. The brother-in-law gave up and was dead in 4.5 months. My great uncle decided to fight it and lived another 3.5 years.

Sounds like my dad and Prostate cancer: he was give I think 3-4 years, but beat and lived 9 years.

FWIW, Art Fleming died of pancreatic cancer.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

txstateends

Very sad news.  Would be good if Alex can make it at least through his remaining 3 years.  If he "leaves the building" sooner, well, he's had a good long career.  Hopefully his fight won't be a painful one.  Can't believe he's 78.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

LM117

Quote from: txstateends on March 07, 2019, 01:28:04 AM
Can't believe he's 78.

Me either. He looks good for his age. He's already survived 2 heart attacks. Hell, I think his mom is still alive.

Henry

This is really one from the "Say it ain't so!" department. I can see Sony lining up potential replacements if Alex doesn't make it to 2022, when his current contract is set to expire. But I hope he does, and best of luck to him.

Quote from: LM117 on March 07, 2019, 08:39:05 AM
Can't believe he's 78.

Me either. He looks good for his age. He’s already survived 2 heart attacks. Hell, I think his mom is still alive.
And Johnny Gilbert, the show's only announcer since it first aired in 1984, is still doing his job at age 94.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Mr. Matté

Quote from: LM117 on March 07, 2019, 08:39:05 AM
Can't believe he's 78.

Me either. He looks good for his age. He's already survived 2 heart attacks. Hell, I think his mom is still alive.

That's true because I had sex with her lass-t week!

LM117

kevinb1994

Quote from: LM117 on April 18, 2019, 07:37:06 PM
Brief update.

Continued well-wishes for Mr. Trebek as he continues his treatment. Hopefully he can do more than Season 36.

Henry

I'm pretty confident that he'll be around to do the show for as long as he can.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

LM117

For those that missed it, Alex was interviewed on Good Morning America yesterday.

LM117

LM117

US71

roadman65

Gregg Allman was confident he was going to make it and look what happened to him.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

LM117

US71

LM117

Henry

Now all we can do is hope that he makes it through Season 36.

LM117

US71

Quote from: LM117 on October 07, 2019, 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: Henry on September 18, 2019, 10:19:37 AM
Now all we can do is hope that he makes it through Season 36.

It's beginning to look unlikely.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/alex-trebek-tells-lisa-laflamme-i-m-not-afraid-of-dying-1.4625438

He's putting up a good fight, but I'm beginning to wonder if he'll survive the season. If he does, I suspect he will retire early.

LM117

Life in Paradise

He definitely fights with class and tenacity.  Most of us have no idea of the struggles behind the scenes so that he keeps going.

LM117

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.