News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Dillard's looking to replace some Bon Ton stores

Started by dvferyance, July 12, 2018, 05:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

Dillard's is looking at possibly taking 2 Milwaukee area Boston Store locations. This will be interesting I would think they would be looking at some Carson's stores in the Chicago area.

Brandon

Well, to service the Milwaukee stores, it would make sense to have Chicago stores as well.  I can name several soon-to-be former Carson Pirie Scotts and Sears stores that would be good Dillard's candidates.

(Modification to add possible locations)

Chicagoland:
Former Sears, Fox Valley SC
Former Sears, Hawthorn SC
Former Carson's, Yorktown
Former Carson's, North Riverside Park Mall
Former Carson's, Chicago Ridge Mall
Former Carson's, Edens Plaza
Former Carson's, Harlem-Irving Plaza
Former Carson's, Orland Square (might be a good Nordstrom as well)
Former Carson's, Louis Joliet Mall (might be a good Von Maur as well)
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

ftballfan

Quote from: Brandon on July 14, 2018, 11:24:46 AM
Well, to service the Milwaukee stores, it would make sense to have Chicago stores as well.  I can name several soon-to-be former Carson Pirie Scotts and Sears stores that would be good Dillard's candidates.
I can name at least a couple potential Dillard's sites in MI:
RiverTown Crossings (closing Younkers; also still has Sears) in Grandville
Either Lakeside Mall (closing Sears) or Mall at Partridge Creek (closing Carson's), both along M-59 in central Macomb County

Twelve Oaks (in Novi) and Briarwood (in Ann Arbor) are healthy malls that still have a Sears managing to hang on

catch22

Quote from: ftballfan on July 15, 2018, 05:53:25 PM
Either Lakeside Mall (closing Sears) or Mall at Partridge Creek (closing Carson's), both along M-59 in central Macomb County

Twelve Oaks (in Novi) and Briarwood (in Ann Arbor) are healthy malls that still have a Sears managing to hang on

Also, Laurel Park Place in Livonia (Carson's) and Meridian Mall in Okemos (Younkers uses two anchor spots here, take your pick).

Brandon

Quote from: catch22 on July 16, 2018, 07:25:11 AM

Also, Laurel Park Place in Livonia (Carson's) and Meridian Mall in Okemos (Younkers uses two anchor spots here, take your pick).

Meridian Mall one that I can see picking up two new anchors due to its market position.  I can see a Von Maur in the former Younkers/Jacobsons on the east side of the mall.  I can also see Dillard's redeveloping (i.e. demolishing and building new) the former Younkers/Mervyns on the north side of the mall.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

dvferyance

(Modification to add possible locations)

Chicagoland:
Former Sears, Fox Valley SC
Former Sears, Hawthorn SC
Former Carson's, Yorktown
Former Carson's, North Riverside Park Mall
Former Carson's, Chicago Ridge Mall
Former Carson's, Edens Plaza
Former Carson's, Harlem-Irving Plaza
Former Carson's, Orland Square (might be a good Nordstrom as well)
As far as Hawthorn goes the fmr Carson's there could also be a possible Dillard's. Hawthorn got a double wammy this summer losing 2 anchors if they could just fill one they will be fine. Think the old Carson's at Old Orchard would be a better candidate than Edens Plaza being right by I-94. All the others are good suggestions I could also add the Carson's at Southlake Mall in Merrillville IN as another candidate.

inkyatari

IIRC, Von Maur is slated to build at the stupid Rock Run center that will be located at 55 & 80
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Brandon

Quote from: inkyatari on July 16, 2018, 02:00:40 PM

IIRC, Von Maur is slated to build at the stupid Rock Run center that will be located at 55 & 80

They signed a letter of intent back in 2008.  That's pretty meaningless currently as the center being developed is different than that 10 years ago.

Brandon

Quote from: dvferyance on July 16, 2018, 11:12:14 AM
As far as Hawthorn goes the fmr Carson's there could also be a possible Dillard's. Hawthorn got a double wammy this summer losing 2 anchors if they could just fill one they will be fine. Think the old Carson's at Old Orchard would be a better candidate than Edens Plaza being right by I-94. All the others are good suggestions.

Carson's was never at Old Orchard, hence why they had the Edens Plaza store.  You may be thinking of the former Lord & Taylor there.

inkyatari

Quote from: Brandon on July 16, 2018, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on July 16, 2018, 02:00:40 PM

They signed a letter of intent back in 2008.  That's pretty meaningless currently as the center being developed is different than that 10 years ago.

Ahh.  I was wondering about that.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Brandon

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 17, 2018, 10:53:32 AM
Never been to a "Bon Ton"...

If you've been to a Carson's, Boston Store, or Younkers, you have.

dvferyance

Quote from: Brandon on July 17, 2018, 12:56:52 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 17, 2018, 10:53:32 AM
Never been to a "Bon Ton"...

If you've been to a Carson's, Boston Store, or Younkers, you have.
Add Herburger's and Elder Beerman's. They went by separate names depending on the region same store all owned by Bon Ton.

dvferyance

Quote from: Brandon on July 16, 2018, 09:28:17 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on July 16, 2018, 11:12:14 AM
As far as Hawthorn goes the fmr Carson's there could also be a possible Dillard's. Hawthorn got a double wammy this summer losing 2 anchors if they could just fill one they will be fine. Think the old Carson's at Old Orchard would be a better candidate than Edens Plaza being right by I-94. All the others are good suggestions.

Carson's was never at Old Orchard, hence why they had the Edens Plaza store.  You may be thinking of the former Lord & Taylor there.
Ok your right I just got the shopping centers confused. That is the one you can see from the expressway.

triplemultiplex

I honestly thought that was a typo for the word "Boston".
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

hotdogPi

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 18, 2018, 09:34:00 AM

I thought it was the other way around, thinking that the title (Bon Ton) was correct, and that Boston was an autocorrect, since these stores are nowhere near Boston. (I have never heard of any of these stores.)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

dvferyance

Quote from: 1 on July 18, 2018, 09:44:04 AM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 18, 2018, 09:34:00 AM

I thought it was the other way around, thinking that the title (Bon Ton) was correct, and that Boston was an autocorrect, since these stores are nowhere near Boston. (I have never heard of any of these stores.)
Depends on where you are if your in the south or the west chances are you would never hear about any of them. They are mostly in most of the midwest and parts of the northeast. Boston Store is southern Wisconsin Carson's is Illinois, Indiana and eastern Michigan. Herburger's is Minnesota, the Dakotas and a few stores in parts of Wyoming and Montana. Younker's is northern Wisconsin, Iowa and western Michigan. Elder Beerman's is primarily Ohio with a few stores in Kentucky and West Virginia. Odds are if you live outside any of these areas you would have never heard of these stores. And yes I never understood the Boston Store name being from SE Wisconsin myself you would think it would have started in Boston.

Flint1979

You also have Midland Mall that'll be losing Younker's and has already lost Sears and JCPenney so you could have your pick in that mall and Bay City Mall that lost Target and will be losing Younker's with two locations in that mall but the Home and Furniture Store is in half of the old Sears, the other half is Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Lansing Mall lost Macy's and I think Meridian Mall lost an anchor too but I can't seem to remember, I think it'll be losing Younker's I get what's in the Lansing malls confused lol.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.