News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What song are you currently listening to now?

Started by CapeCodder, February 03, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

elsmere241

Going through my head, I have "The Fisherman" by Judy Collins.

7/8

Musician by Porter Robinson. Reminds me of April 2021, working from home due to Omicron and looking forward to Spring.

Flint1979

JoePCool14

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

Definitely one I enjoy while on the road.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

jgb191

Closer to God (Radio edit version) by Trent Reznor
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

elsmere241

formulanone

Hunty2022

100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

1995hoo

We were putting up Christmas decorations, so this was obligatory:

https://youtu.be/YV-SpT69IZ8
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

MultiMillionMiler

I actually like the Christian Rock music on 95.5 "k-love". I don't know if it's just a New York station or not, but that's usually the station I listen to while driving. 2 of my favorite are:

Although I am not very religious, I like most of their songs, definitely 10x better than most other stations imo.

Tell me if you agree these songs are overplayed: ( I swear I hear these at least 15x on a 7 hr drive)

"Bad Habits"
"Levitating"
"Heat wave"
"About Damn Time"

MultiMillionMiler

If you know the song "Shadows of the night" there is also a song called "Shadow of the day":

Anywhere between 7 am and 11 pm, there is a good 30 to 50% chance I am listening to one of those three videos.

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

amroad17

Saga: "On the Loose" and "The Flyer"
John Mellencamp: "Again Tonight"
Martin Briley: "Salt in My Tears"
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

LilianaUwU

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

skluth

Just heard this song for at least the first time in decades. I'm fairly sure I heard Suavecito back when it was first a hit in the early 70s when I was in high school; it has that mellow, Santana-like vibe so I probably thought it was another Santana hit but I don't remember it specifically. In any case, I really love this song and can understand why it became a hit. I'll have to find this on iTunes because it sounds like a great song to listen to for my workouts.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"
By Iron Sharpens Iron, a Christian heavy metal (former?) band from southern California.

I'm not a metalhead by any stretch of the imagination.  But I've been looking for high-quality modern adaptations of Advent hymns lately (easier said than done), and this one is actually really good.

And, if you play guitar, is there anything more satisfying than playing a song in the key of E-minor?  Oh yeah, there is:  dropping the low string down a whole-step, then turning the whole guitar down a half-step, such that you're now playing in Drop D-flat.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Big John

US71

Something on NPR.  But at least I can beat Whamageddon ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Hunty2022

Lukeisroads

Hunty2022

I've been listening to Wild Life by OneRepublic for at least 30 minutes on repeat.

7/8

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.