News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Genesis Reunion Tour 2020

Started by J3ebrules, March 09, 2020, 11:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3ebrules

So, I'm a huge 80's-era Genesis fan, American, can't afford a UK trip and hate flying anyway. Plus, the tour is sold out most places anyway.

My concerns: Phil Collins did NOT look great during the ITV interview where they brought up his health issues. He's not super old (he just turned 69 - yes, tee hee - ten months older than my own mother), but can he traipse across his own country for days on end as lead singer and then shlep here and bounce around internationally? What if they never intended to do anything international - many sources are saying this tour is just to put his drummer son Nic up as a bona fide musician. They clearly have ticket travel packages linked on ticketmaster, assuming they'll get a lot of international visitors. What if the very very last reunion tour is UK only, and - pun intended - That's All??

Fans of the band - what do you all think the chances are of a US leg of the Last Domino tour?
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

SectorZ

I don't think they come to the US. Collins is just way too beat up for it.

I saw them in 2007 in Boston. I'd love to see them again but am fine with that being the last time, too.

Also curious if touring drummer Chester Thompson was even asked to be on the tour.

J3ebrules

Quote from: SectorZ on March 11, 2020, 08:29:27 AM

Also curious if touring drummer Chester Thompson was even asked to be on the tour.

I highly doubt it, since for the past couple of years, Phil Collins has said he'd only consider a reunion if they'd let his son Nic play drums.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

Roadrunner75

I'm really hoping they come back around.  I saw them in '92, but regret not seeing them on their last tour in '07.  Since the '92 tour I have come to really like their entire catalog, rather than just their 80's stuff which I grew up with, and have all of their albums.  We saw Phil in 2018 when he came around and he did play a couple of Genesis tunes.  He was sitting most of the time, but he sounded fine, and his son was decent enough on drums.  I'd still rather have Chester Thompson back there though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.