News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Roadgeeky coincidences in your life

Started by Mr. Matté, March 20, 2020, 10:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matté

Just as a general poll of the forum, are there any fun/funny/really strange coincidences in your real life related to roads, highways, etc.?

Example: I earned by P.E. license last year and my license number is a concatenation of two South Jersey freeway numbers (I won't say which ones but I'm sure it's public information if you tried hard enough).

Max Rockatansky

After I stopped working in Southern California the first time I swore that I would never have anything to do with the State again.  That was circa 2013 and at the time I was leaving Arizona for Florida, I had also had nearly clinched the Arizona State Highway system.  Now I find myself back here (in Northern California) but I also have hundreds of Californian Highway articles that I've done this past three years. 

In terms of Sign Collecting the only items that were ever lost in the mail were CA 41 and CA 180 shields.  Essentially now that is the closest State Highway junction to me, go figure. 

1995hoo

The two main highways serving Charlottesville, Virginia, are US-29 and I-64. My phone number my first year of college at UVA was 971-2964.

Back then, the "Z" didn't appear on the "9" key on phones. Now that it does, I suppose that phone number could work for a Lord of the Rings fan too: 971-AZOG.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Beltway

My previous personal license plate number was YYP-8174.

http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

JoePCool14

While I can't explain the exact location for privacy's sake of course, there is an interesting coincidence of the roads that intersect where I live compared to somewhere in the city of Chicago.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

SSOWorld

I swore never to visit Los Angeles after 1997 (when it was a shithole).   14 years later... I ended up in metro LA for six months plenty of time to get Interstates in the area - and Arizona.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

DandyDan

One thing that impressed me about the Omaha area when I first moved there was that they had highways 64, 38 and 31.  (NE 38 was decommissioned in 2003, after I had lived there for 7 years.) Those 3 highway numbers all exist within St. Charles, IL, where I went to high school. I was sad to learn NE 25 was way out west.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

CNGL-Leudimin

I won't be the first time I drive up Spanish A-23 freeway and at the same time Big Rig Steve drives down US 23 in Ohio (6 hour difference notwithstanding).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

TheGrassGuy

Quote from: Mr. Matté on March 20, 2020, 10:27:39 AM
Just as a general poll of the forum, are there any fun/funny/really strange coincidences in your real life related to roads, highways, etc.?

Example: I earned by P.E. license last year and my license number is a concatenation of two South Jersey freeway numbers (I won't say which ones but I'm sure it's public information if you tried hard enough).
It's either 4255 or 5542.
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on March 22, 2020, 07:44:11 AM

Could be 295, 76, 676, 90, 700, 444, or 446 as well.

TheGrassGuy

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 22, 2020, 08:55:30 AM

Someone here doesn't know what "concatenation" means, evidently.
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

hotdogPi

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on April 04, 2020, 08:17:05 PM

No. He's saying that 67690, 76295, etc. are also possibilities.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

renegade

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on April 04, 2020, 08:17:05 PM

con·cat·e·na·tion | kənˌkatnˈāSH(ə)n |
noun
a series of interconnected things or events: a singular concatenation of events unlikely to recur.
- the action of linking things together in a series: the concatenation of lists.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.