News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Update frequency of Google Satellite images

Started by ARMOURERERIC, December 06, 2019, 08:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARMOURERERIC

There are many large scale road projects going on here in NC, and I have lived here 3.5 years and enjoyed watching  the progress of those projects, but it seems that over the last 18 months that the frequency of imagery update has become glacial.  For example, both the Shelby and Winston Salem  bypass projects have imagery over 15 months out.  Anyone else noticing this?

vdeane

Are you in globe view by any chance?  I know the 3D imagery isn't updated as frequently as the flat imagery, though it does feel like even the flat imagery can take a long time sometimes.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Google sources satellite data from Digital Globe. So, it's On them to update the images.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.