News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Famous TV character quotes

Started by roadman65, February 19, 2019, 06:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

Now this will really date me:

"Open Channel 'D'".............Man from U.N.C.L.E. communications command.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

US71

"Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

OracleUsr

It's a word, it's a plan...it's LETTERMAN

And it would be improper not to include another famous quote from the same show

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

US71

Heeeeeeeeeeerrre's Johnny (Ed McMahon)

roadman

Quote from: PHLBOS on February 20, 2019, 09:30:42 AM
For the M*A*S*H fans out there: Sherman Potterisms from Harry Morgan:

Potter may have uttered Great Caeser's Ghost, but it was Editor Perry (don't call me Chief) White in the old Superman series that made the phrase famous.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Stephane Dumas

When the narrator in The Fugitive, The FBI, The Invaders, Cannon, Dan August, Banyon, Streets of San Francisco and Barnaby Jones: "A Quinn Martin Production....Tonight's Episode:...".

abefroman329

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on March 12, 2019, 09:20:23 AM
When the narrator in The Fugitive, The FBI, The Invaders, Cannon, Dan August, Banyon, Streets of San Francisco and Barnaby Jones: "A Quinn Martin Production....Tonight's Episode:...".
Satirized on Police Squad! (the voiceover never matched the title card).

US71

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 12, 2019, 09:48:58 AM
Satirized on Police Squad! (the voiceover never matched the title card).

Hank Simms (who also did Police Squad)

US71

"Please don't squeeze the Charmin"

sparker

Tommy Smothers (to younger brother Dick) on the late lamented "Smothers Comedy Brothers Hour":

"Mom always liked you best!"

allniter89

"No brag just fact" from the Guns of Will Sonnett which ran from 1967-69 & starred Walter Brennan. He also starred in The Real Mc Coys 1957-63. I can't recall a character quote from TRMC.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

US71

"In a world..."  Don LaFontaine , movie trailer announcer

roadman65

Rodney Dangerfield to the woman professor he asked out in Back to School:

Give me a call when you got no class.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman

Fun fact:  The star of Cannon, William Conrad, was the narrator for Rocky and Bullwinkle.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

US71

Quote from: roadman on March 21, 2019, 01:44:52 PM

Fun fact:  The star of Cannon, William Conrad, was the narrator for Rocky and Bullwinkle.

and the original Matt Dillon when Gunsmoke was on the radio ;)

roadman

Quote from: Brandon on February 20, 2019, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on February 20, 2019, 04:28:39 PM
"BUT NOOOOOO!"

or how about

"Che-bugga, che-bugga, chebugga!"

It's "Cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, Pepsi, no Coke no Coke, Pepsi!"

FIFY.

Except for the end of one skit, when a Coke salesman (played by Walter Matthau) convinces John Belushi to switch.  Belushi agrees, so the last line of the skit is "No Pepsi.  Coke."

roadman

Shazam! Shazam! Shazam!   Also:  Well GOOOLLLLLLLLY."

US71

"Oh my giddy aunt"

"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow"  

"Fantastic"

"Allons-y"

"Geronimo" (also bowties/fezzes/stersons are cool)

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

US71

Quote from: roadman on March 21, 2019, 02:45:52 PM
Shazam! Shazam! Shazam!   Also:  Well GOOOLLLLLLLLY."

It's a shame Billy Batson can't watch Gomer Pyle reruns ;)

sparker

B:  "Hey Rocky -- watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

R: "Again?  That trick never works!"

B:  "This time for sure!"

and after random item not a rabbit pulled from hat -- most common response:

B:  "Oops!  Wrong hat."

................obviously a recurring scene from The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle....................

roadman

Quote from: sparker on March 22, 2019, 02:01:09 AM
B:  "Hey Rocky -- watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

R: "Again?  That trick never works!"

B:  "This time for sure!"

and after random item not a rabbit pulled from hat -- most common response:

B:  "Oops!  Wrong hat."

................obviously a recurring scene from The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle....................

Actually, Bullwinkle had a different response for every animal that came out of the hat.  For the bear "Wrong hat" (no oops), for the rhino "Ooh, I don't know my own strength", for the tiger "I take a seven and a half", for the lion "I gotta get another hat", and lastly (when he pulls Rocky out of the hat), "Well, I'm getting close."  Rocky's response to this was usually "And now, here's something you'll really like", except when he was pulled out of the hat, when he would say "And now it's time for another special feature."

Also, there were two versions of the "bear from the hat" routine.  One had a red background and ended with Rocky saying "And now it's time to meet Mr. Peabody.", the other was the standard blue background with Rocky making the standard response at the end.

As for other R&B recurring quotes: "It's not the Canadian way" was always uttered at some point during a Dudley DoRight episode.  "I forget how to make a 'B'" or "But how do you make the 'B'" was another one uttered at some point during some Adventures segment.  And let's not forget the  "Now there's something you don't see everyday Chauncy.  What's that Edgar?" dialogue that would show up at random and unexpected times during the show.
'

Yes, Roadman has been a lifelong fan of all things Jay Ward, and is not ashamed to admit it

PHLBOS

Some more 60s cartoons

From Klondike Kat:

- Savoir-Faire is everywhere!

- I'll make mincemeat out of that mouse!

- Klondike Kat always gets his mouse.

In one particular episode, a reply from his boss Major Minor following the previous quote
- And sometimes, he gets his Major.

From Tennessee Tuxedo (voiced by Don Adams):

- Tennessee Tuxedo will not fail.

- Phineas J. Whoopee, you're the greatest
(sometimes followed by... thanks a million!)

From Go Go Gophers:

Sergeant Oakey Homa: Begging the Colonel's pardon.

Col. Kit Coyote (following Ruffled Feathers' gibberish): What did he say?

Running Board: Him say....
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.