News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Is this illegal?

Started by MCRoads, December 09, 2017, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

Ok, so it was just laying in the bushes, nowhere near any construction, so I figure it got lost...

Anyway, it’s a looper cone, probably Action Safety‘s actually, but, is it illegal to have it? I know it’s illegal to take it, but it doesn’t have entirely company names on it.

https://imgur.com/a/mqtwU
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: MCRoads on December 09, 2017, 07:29:37 PM
Ok, so it was just laying in the bushes, nowhere near any construction, so I figure it got lost...

Anyway, it's a looper cone, probably Action Safety"˜s actually, but, is it illegal to have it? I know it's illegal to take it, but it doesn't have entirely company names on it.

I could be wrong but if it is too worn down for service, I believe you are allowed to have it as I've seen this before in random places with all of them more worn down than the ones used on the road.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

kalvado

You can buy those things from common industrial suppliers, like McMaster and Grainger...

oscar

Quote from: MCRoads on December 09, 2017, 07:29:37 PM

Anyway, it's a looper cone, probably Action Safety"˜s actually, but, is it illegal to have it? I know it's illegal to take it, but it doesn't have entirely company names on it.

You've admitted on a publicly-accessible website the cone doesn't belong to you, and suspect it belongs to Action Safety. Contact the company, to find out whether it lost a cone and whether the cone belongs to the company. If you're lucky, the company might let you keep the cone, rather than go through the trouble of retrieving it from you.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Brandon

Not marked, in the bushes not near a construction zone?  Then technically, it's been abandoned.  As far as anyone should be concerned, it's yours.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

UCFKnights

I'd say it depends on how long it was sitting there as well. If its sitting, not in use, outside of a construction zone, for months, IMO, its fine to take, its just litter at that point. I live with a large utility easement on my property, and the stuff seems to get abandoned there all the time, especially every time one department starts a project, puts out cones/barriers/signs and then  they sub out the work to another contractor to finish the job, they will NEVER come pick up any of the stuff. I usually leave everything for  at least 3 months after completion of the work, then take it as abandoned property (on my property no less).

Scott5114

It's illegal in the same way that keeping a dollar that you find on the ground and not putting it on your taxes is illegal–vanishingly unlikely you'll be found out, and even if you were, it's very unlikely someone would care.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Looks like you've got yourself an awesome lampshade there!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.