News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Northeast / Re: NYC Roads
Last post by Rothman - Today at 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: RobbieL2415 on Today at 01:09:31 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: crispy93 on Today at 08:55:26 AMLooks like NYC will soon be able to lower its default speed limit (again) to 20 mph this time: https://archive.is/v6Gax

Meh.  25 mph was a good one.  If enforcement isn't cutting it now, it certainly won't at 20.
Is there even an objective, factual basis for this?

For lowering the speed limit?

Let's just say requests for speed limit reductions on State-owned roads come in regularly to NYSDOT and are regularly rejected for not being warranted...

Whether the City has an engineering-based check on people who just think lower speed limits are a panacea...I don't know...
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Madison Area
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 02:20:01 PM
Last night, a Public Involvement Meeting was held on the US 51 Stoughton Rd. North Study: https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/projects/by-region/sw/us51-corridor/0424presentation.pdf. The one disappointment I have is that they plan on building a jug-handle at East Washington Ave. I would have preferred the tight diamond interchange alternative. I also would have liked the railroad crossing to have become grade-separated instead of continuing to cross US 51 at-grade.
Mountain West / Re: US 50 Bridge Failure Betwe...
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 02:08:12 PM
At least this one hasn't collapsed yet. Hopefully they caught the defects in time and it will stay in one piece.
Mid-South / Re: US 281 Expansion in Blanco...
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 01:59:19 PM
I wonder if many other Blanco residents feel the same way about the bypass as the couple mentioned at the beginning of the story do?
Southeast / Re: I-40 in North Carolina
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 01:53:51 PM
Is the proposal to renumber a portion of NC 42 to NC 36 set in stone? I haven't seen anything on whether or not the proposal was approved. Did I miss something?
Off-Topic / Re: Business Marquees which fe...
Last post by Mapmikey - Today at 01:53:10 PM
What's the point of perfect vision if what you're looking at is wrong?
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by TBKS1 - Today at 01:47:14 PM
QC 138 -> Miller County 138 on US 67 just north of Texarkana (taken 12 December 2020)

Traffic Control / Re: 1-2-3 Route number Additio...
Last post by TBKS1 - Today at 01:45:10 PM
This setup again...

1397 + 59 = 1456 in Texarkana, TX (taken 25 February 2024)

Central States / Re: Oklahoma
Last post by rte66man - Today at 01:44:20 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on April 18, 2024, 08:08:41 AMSuch a shame. Oklahoma just acts like the SW part of the state doesn't exist.

Oh wow. It's hard to know where to start. Just let me pick myself up off the floor after passing out from laughter.

SW OK is the KING of 100% pork barrel highway spending. US183 was twinned south from Snyder to Frederick because a former Speaker of the House lived in Frederick. He and others are also the reason for 183 to be twinned from Snyder north to Clinton. Both were a complete waste of money. Same goes for twinning OK6 north from Altus to Elk City. Traffic counts didn't warrant it but legislators from that area convinced others that the Air Force would close Altus AFB if the road wasn't twinned. They also used the old "economic development" saw. Can't see it's made much of a difference in Altus.

Just because Lawton "seems" to be getting the short end of the stick from ODOT doesn't mean the rest of the SW quadrant is ignored.
Mountain West / Re: US 50 Bridge Failure Betwe...
Last post by hbelkins - Today at 01:31:49 PM
On my recent trip, there were signs on US 24 eastbound between I-70 and Leadville warning of construction on US 50 in that area. I also think I remember seeing similar signs on US 491 in the Cortez area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.