News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

General PA Design/Construction News

Started by 74/171FAN, October 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 05, 2024, 11:08:13 AM
(For US 13 BUS (Chester) and not US 13)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Apple Studios to Close U.S. 13 (9th Street) Next Week in Chester City

I was born on that stretch of 9th Street, at 9th and Wilson.  The hospital where I was born was later sold and the building slightly repurposed (but still a medical facility).

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 3:

(For US 15 BUS (Mansfield) SR 2005 Two-Way Left Turn Lane  (just north of the US 15/PA 660 interchange)

PA 187 near Wyoming County

District 11: 

I-376, Edgewood to Churchill  (also for US 22)

District 12:

US 40 over Buffalo Creek Preservation

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 2:

PA 75 Bridge Replacements (1  2

District 5:

I-78 Recon-Berks County Line to PA 100

District 11: 

I-79 at PA 910 Interchange

Crown Victoria

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 25, 2024, 07:54:09 AM
CE Expert System:

District 2:

District 5:

District 11: 

The faster PennDOT can get going on the I-78 reconstruction, the better. That stretch is becoming a very rough ride (especially westbound) and needs a climbing lane for the tractor trailers (again, westbound), if not a full six-lane widening.

Roadsguy

Quote from: Crown Victoria on January 25, 2024, 08:52:40 PM
CE Expert System:

District 2:

District 5:

District 11: 

The faster PennDOT can get going on the I-78 reconstruction, the better. That stretch is becoming a very rough ride (especially westbound) and needs a climbing lane for the tractor trailers (again, westbound), if not a full six-lane widening.

Unfortunately, PennDOT has shortsightedly not been building replacement bridges over I-78 to be long enough for three lanes each way plus full shoulders. If they can fit a third lane at all, it will likely require reducing the inside shoulder width to something more like the unreconstructed PA Turnpike or newly reconstructed segments of I-70 west of New Stanton. This is most noticeable with the PA 737 bridge at Krumsville, which is visibly longer on only one side to accommodate the new eastbound climbing lane here.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

74/171FAN

Crown Victoria

Quote from: Roadsguy on January 27, 2024, 10:24:45 PM
Quote from: Crown Victoria on January 25, 2024, 08:52:40 PM
CE Expert System:

District 2:

District 5:

District 11: 

Unfortunately, PennDOT has shortsightedly not been building replacement bridges over I-78 to be long enough for three lanes each way plus full shoulders. If they can fit a third lane at all, it will likely require reducing the inside shoulder width to something more like the unreconstructed PA Turnpike or newly reconstructed segments of I-70 west of New Stanton. This is most noticeable with the PA 737 bridge at Krumsville, which is visibly longer on only one side to accommodate the new eastbound climbing lane here.

Yeah, one of the joys of living in PA...but at least there's still hope for this project, at least east of PA 863, as the Kecks Rd. and Adams Rd. bridges have yet to be replaced. I doubt we'll get a full six lanes, but we should at least get a climbing lane westbound.

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 2:  US 22/US 322 over Platt Hollow Rd (affects EB onramp from PA 333)

District 8:  PA 17 Bridges (1, 2)

District 9:    Everett Bus. Park - Industrial Blvd Ext.  (along PA 26) 

District 11:  PA 18 - Liberty Street to Jefferson Street

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 8:  US 30 east of York

District 11:  PA 8 around PA 28

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 1: PA 531: Depot Road, Section 2

PA 18/PA 58 in Greenville

District 6:  PA 291 over SEPTA  (This is most likely the weight-restricted bridge that led to the recent PA 291 ALT TRUCK being created.)

District 9: PA 453 Sink Run Culvert 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.