News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Boards with the Moderator Position Available

Started by webny99, February 12, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Could the general threads for each state be sticky-tacked within their respective boards?

Also, on a more random note, why don't the Mid-South and Ohio Valley boards have moderators?  :D

Alps

No, just go search for the state if you want to post to it. It's usually not the most interesting thread in the board.
Moderator positions are open for those boards. We have nominated people or some people have asked, but in general not enough interest from qualified people.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: webny99 on February 12, 2018, 08:58:52 PM
Ohio Valley boards have moderators?  :D

I was the moderator before I was promoted to an Admin.

webny99

This leads me to another question - should stuff like this be posted to the state threads? Is there a preference as to what should be posted to the state thread vs what is "new topic" worthy?

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Could the general threads for each state be sticky-tacked within their respective boards?

Also, on a more random note, why don't the Mid-South and Ohio Valley boards have moderators?  :D
US71 is well suited for Global and watching Mid-South. Or if you are concerned about it, apply! :D
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

hbelkins

Quote from: Alps on February 12, 2018, 10:00:59 PM
No, just go search for the state if you want to post to it. It's usually not the most interesting thread in the board.
Moderator positions are open for those boards. We have nominated people or some people have asked, but in general not enough interest from qualified people.

I'd be willing to do Ohio Valley, since it's my home board, but I would imagine I'm not considered to be "qualified."  :rofl:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: hbelkins on February 13, 2018, 11:50:53 AM

I'd be willing to do Ohio Valley, since it's my home board, but I would imagine I'm not considered to be "qualified."  :rofl:
Qualifications are overrated! By Family Guy's terms you can get a job at Uber with a criminal record! :-D :rofl:

webny99

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
US71 is well suited for Global and watching Mid-South. Or if you are concerned about it, apply! :D
I would imagine I'm not considered to be "qualified."  :rofl:

Me either - I'm not interested in qualifying personally, but I am interested in at least knowing what the criteria for qualification are.

It seems that you do not have to live in the region - corco is a mod for Central States, while his home region (Northwest) is covered by andy3175.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: webny99 on February 13, 2018, 12:13:22 PM

Me either - I'm not interested in qualifying personally, but I am interested in at least knowing what the criteria for qualification are.

It seems that you do not have to live in the region - corco is a mod for Central States, while his home region (Northwest) is covered by andy3175.
YOu know why they don't have a thread regarding qualifications? It's because we don't want people like Marf getting on here and living up to those expectations and then letting everyone down.

hbelkins

Well, in my case, it's probably because I am not a fan of moderation in general and would possibly let some things slide that others might be quick to delete or lock. I've been the "owner" of the Yahoo Roadgeek group for quite awhile now, and only had to step into a squabble once. Plus, I have a tendency to post irreverent comments at times and am quite happy to troll certain folks when I can get by with it.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I'll be more than happy to play admin for Ohio Valley.  :whip: :evilgrin:  :popcorn:
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hotdogPi

I am willing to be a moderator for Fictional Highways.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

webny99

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2018, 04:35:28 PM

Now that I would consider qualifying for  ;-)
Still interested in knowing what it takes to qualify.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: webny99 on February 13, 2018, 08:43:17 PM

Why not make FritzOwl the moderator of Fictional Highways?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Maybe one day you will receive a message from Alex or someone referencing your qualifications.

But, honestly, there is a really mature community on here and I feel as if having as many people moderating every board there is isn't that big of a deal.
I would go as far as to say I feel not yet comfortable taking on a moderation role. I do try to be respectful of everyone and I am a little concerned with the standing of myself and the moderation team for some reason, maybe because of my humor. Hell! I might be losing it! :)

hotdogPi

Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 13, 2018, 09:04:19 PM

His approval rating is probably not high enough. (Of course, since I'm running for the same position, I may be biased.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

webny99

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 09:05:33 PM
Maybe one day you will receive a message from Alex or someone referencing your qualifications.

I doubt it  :rofl:
I'm just not the right type of person to be a moderator. My personal feelings might tend to get in the way, not to mention that I'd have way too much fun using purple text  :-P

Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 13, 2018, 09:04:19 PM

How much time do you have?  ;-)
For starters, I'm pretty sure the ability to make posts in multiple boards would be a criterion. As would a general understanding of what that blue and red shield means.

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2018, 09:11:54 PM
His approval rating is probably not high enough. (Of course, since I'm running for the same position, I may be biased.)

I didn't know you were serious with your offer. I might send a PM to a current mod if you want to be seriously considered. Anyways, if we're going to get into approval ratings... Oh boy!

webny99

In other news, I've changed the thread title. The original question was answered right away, and the new title reflects the other 99% of subsequent discussion.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: webny99 on February 13, 2018, 09:22:43 PM
In other news, I've changed the thread title. The original question was answered right away, and the new title reflects the other 99% of subsequent discussion.
I see this ending gravely... What so concerns your conscience over a position of power?! You've indicated that you would [likely] abuse a text color (into counselling...)

webny99

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 09:42:07 PM
Quote from: webny99 on February 13, 2018, 09:22:43 PM
I see this ending gravely... What so concerns your conscience over a position of power?! You've indicated that you would [likely] abuse a text color (into counselling...)

What does this mean?
All I did was state the reasons why I should (and will) leave the moderation to those who can do it best. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the title change.
:hmmm:

rickmastfan67

Just a word of advice.  None of the current Admin/Mod crew got their positions by asking for them.  They were invited.  Meaning the more you beg, the less chance you might become part of the staff.  Just wanted to say this.

webny99

So I can only assume there would be no public announcement if moderators were being sought.

Alps

I'd say yes in a heartbeat. I know your moderation style, and letting things slide is fine. The global mods tend to step in anyway, so most of the regional stuff is policing off-topic or double posts, incorrect quotes, etc. If you're serious, I'll raise it.

andy3175

Actually I moderate Mountain West. Bickendan moderates Northwest. :)
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

US71

I'm unofficial on Mid-South. It seems to work. Global I rarely touch except in extreme instances (Marf) or if a quote gets garbled. 
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.