News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

BGS Control Cites Changed in Grapevine, Texas

Started by Brian556, September 10, 2022, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This sign gantry caught my eye because the top of the sign on the right is missing. But, then something else caught my attention. The control cities had changed. The control city for westbound SH 114 had previously been "Bridgeport". The signs for the SH 26 exit previously said "Ira E Woods Ave"
DSC_0146 , on Flickr

-- US 175 --

IIRR, the Southlake BGS came along as/after that section of the DFW Connector was getting done.  I'm fairly certain there weren't any BGS instances of Southlake along that part of TX 114 previously, just Bridgeport.  I'm guessing the well-to-do's of both suburbs wanted control-city representation they weren't already getting.

Road Hog

Why Bridgeport? Why not Lubbock or Elida, NM or Rhome or Levelland or Idalou, the best football town of the lot?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.