News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

West Memphis I=40/I-55/ AR 77 Improvements

Started by US71, March 27, 2023, 12:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

pianocello

To follow the link, remove the "r" from the beginning of the URL when you copy-paste it. Here's a link to the pdf of the alternative: https://www.ardot.gov/wp-content/uploads/110651Design.pdf

I sure hope they're planning some bridge widening as part of this if they want to make 4 eastbound lanes fit, though even if not it seems preferable to the current situation of funneling I-40 traffic into one lane.

Also I assume the strange alignment under the Interstate between the roundabouts is due to bridge beams and/or construction staging.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

The Ghostbuster

They say Alternative 6 is the recommended alternative. That would add three roundabouts in the vicinity of the interchange and convert the railroad crossing into a grade-separated crossing. Are roundabouts common in Arkansas? If not, the locals may be in for a shock when the project is completed.

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on March 27, 2023, 08:29:21 PM
They say Alternative 6 is the recommended alternative. That would add three roundabouts in the vicinity of the interchange and convert the railroad crossing into a grade-separated crossing. Are roundabouts common in Arkansas? If not, the locals may be in for a shock when the project is completed.

They are becoming more common but ARDOT sees to have a fetish for the like Missouri does their Diverging Diamond
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MikieTimT

Quote from: US71 on March 27, 2023, 08:55:53 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on March 27, 2023, 08:29:21 PM

They are becoming more common but ARDOT seems to have a fetish for the like Missouri does their Diverging Diamond

That's an understatement.  ARDOT is fixing to redo AR-112 over the next few years in NWA.  In the 21 miles they are upgrading to 4 lane from 2 lane across 4 different projects, they are implementing 28 roundabouts between Poplar St. in Fayetteville and near SW 41st St. in Bentonville.  To say they are serious about maintaining a 45MPH design speed for a 4 lane road across 2 counties would also be an understatement with 4 roundabouts every 3 miles on average.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.