News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The Enhanced E Modified thread

Started by jakeroot, March 01, 2018, 03:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Is this sign FHWA Series EE(M)? The letters look like Series E with E(M) spacing to me, but I'm not a font expert.

Scott5114

Sure looks like it to me.

May as well make this its own thread–we don't have a general thread for EE(M) yet.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

PHLBOS

A few early post-button-copy BGS' along I-295 in NJ also used Series E lettering with E(M) spacing as well.

Example of such

IMHO, usage of the Series E letters at E(M) spacing solves the readability issues associated with lower-case Series E(M) lettering; which triggered the creation and interim-usage of the Clearview font.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

DaBigE

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 01, 2018, 10:04:42 AM
IMHO, usage of the Series E letters at E(M) spacing solves the readability issues associated with lower-case Series E(M) lettering; which triggered the creation and interim-usage of the Clearview font.
Totally agree. I think I said something similar at least once in the infamous Clearview thread.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

myosh_tino

Quote from: jakeroot on March 01, 2018, 03:15:15 AM
Is this sign FHWA Series EE(M)? The letters look like Series E with E(M) spacing to me, but I'm not a font expert.

The upper portion of the sign looks like EEM (the exit tab and "Pacific Ave") however the control cities look like regular E-modified.

Here's the an example of what I believe is EEM in California...

Oddly enough, this sign was installed around the year 2000.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.