Fort Smith Replacing Traffic Lights on Wheeler Av.

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, April 22, 2019, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Today I noticed, while travelling to my Grandparents' for Easter, Fort Smith is in the process of replacing signals from S. Y Street to Zero St.

Those signals are definitely older than me!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 22, 2019, 02:39:04 AM
Today I noticed, while travelling to my Grandparents' for Easter, Fort Smith is in the process of replacing signals from S. Y Street to Zero St.

Not surprising.  They're about half finished with the new signals at 271 and Zero and Zero and Wheeler.

Looks like 71 at 540 and Zero at 540 will be next, judging by the work zone signs. I read somewhere that the new signals will be interconnected to keep traffic flowing smoother.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MikieTimT

Everything in that part of town is older than you!

US71

Quote from: MikieTimT on April 22, 2019, 01:02:00 PM

Everything in that part of town is older than you!

Incorrect.

Zero St (71B) at Jenny Lind got new signals last year, as did Jenny Lind at Cavanaugh.

Also Ingersol at 271 and the Ingersol/McKinney/71B intersection.  :)

PLUS 24th Street in front of Wal-Mart got new pavement two weeks ago.  :bigass:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.